What's new

Computer Club (1 Viewer)

Goran

Auditioning
Hey guys. My HS just opened up a new club. Theres about 25+ of us that meet every Wednesday for about an hour. Were trying to make some pc's and eventually make a server. So I'm just wondering if any1 has any computers, or computer parts, or anything that we can use (old or new dosent matter). Even software (nothing illegal). Were gonna raise some money by selling candy and doing computer work for other people around town for a fraction of the competitors cost!! Anyway just wondering if any1 would have anything for donation! If you need more info just ask!

BTW one of the computers we will be building will be an HTPC and we have a very nice projector (cost over 2k, our A+ Certification teacher pushes it back REALLY far and the screen is huge and we can still read anything perfectly!)

Robt_Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Goran:

Where are you located? I have some stuff you might be interested in, and may be able to send you. Post a reply here, and I'll check it later and tomorrow.

Bob

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
Check with local companies, sometimes their IT departments build up inventory of un-needed parts and will donate them and use the tax write-off for the donation. Also, Goodwill and Salvation Army get a lot of old computers that may or may not work. You might be able to get those PC's and use the parts to make decent working machines and donate them back.

Goran

Auditioning
We are located in St. Louis, Missouri! New club so were just trying to get started and we decided to make a pc to begin! as for local companies. I think we have some1 going around asking but I'm not sure.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Try the local universities as well. I've seen piles of used computers at my university serving no use at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks