What's new

components on top of receiver, good or bad?? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Out of sheer curiousity, is it recommended to sit a cd player or any similar component on top of a reciever? Most receivers have the vents on top and I figured it is better not to have something obstructing air flow, however is it bad to sit a component on top anyway?

Thanks in advance

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, it's bad. Those ventilation slots are there for a reason: to let hot air escape, which it can't do very effectively if there is another component sitting directly on top of the receiver.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Yes bad very bad esp on a HK receiver. Not so bad on a Sunfire receiver.

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
A Pioneer rep was at Bjorn's showing off the proto-type Japanese SACD/DVD-A player 2 or 3 years ago. Most of the time Bjorn's has schedules for demoing special items. I went to the last one in the evening that day.

Before I sat down, I noticed it was sitting on top of a brand new VSX-39TX. I walked up to the rep and said. "That is bad." He said, "It sure is!" I said, "No, I mean its bad to have that sitting on top of the receiver." He touched the player and almost burned his hand!!! I couldn't believe a Pioneer rep doing something like this!! He quickly turned everything off and changed the setup. The demo was delayed 15 minutes because of that.

OH, one more thing!! For those of you that has a THX Ultimate Demo DVD. Watch the "Ultra 2" section. 4min13sec and 4min33sec into it, you can see a DVD player sitting on top of a VSX-49TX!! Thats a no-no and someone needs to let THX know!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks