What's new

Components for a 1999 Civic EX coupe (1 Viewer)

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I have a Alpine CDA-9805 HU (HU), I still have the factory Honda components in front (tweeters mounted top of door by mirror). I want to replace the front components, but not sure what to get. I will only be powering these from the Alpine HU (for now), so I'd like something that will still sound good just off the HU power. I spose if I have do give a price range I'd say under $200. Any suggestions? Anyone have a '99 EX that they have replaced the factory speakers? I'm a little concerned about space with the magnet and my window rolling down, will this be an issue with many brands, or just a few?

I will not be be powering the rear 6X9 at all, but in the future I will most likely add an amp for the front components. I appreciate any input and suggestions you guys have, Thanks.

EDIT: Is it worth getting new components without an amp, or should I just wait till I can afford both?

StephenHa

Second Unit
I had a '97 that I put eclipse components in the front, adding the speakers will help and when you can get an amp it will sound even better

A

Andrew_A_Paul

Do I need to worry about under powering components just running from the head unit? I know that the HU will probably only produce 18W or so continuous.

DarrenHo

Stunt Coordinator
no problem "under powering" speakers as long as you don't turn up the volume to high and distort the sound too much.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
wow, i wouldn't do that. even low end components take 50RMS to run. You're going to run both a woofer and a tweet off a weak 18RMS( knowing Alpine its closer to 15)it wouldn't sound good at all. If i were you i'd just replace the tweet to a better one(maybe silk). Factory component sets will have a better time running off the factory HU than aftermarket component sets. Just switching out tweets won't should be ok. Aftermarket woofers though are totally different than stock woofers and will need more power to run. Even my crap Pioneer components needed 35RMS to make a noticable difference over stock.

StephenHa

Second Unit
at low volume you are only using about 10 watts anyway, it all depends on what volume you listen at (if your speakers need 50 watts to work there is something wrong with them)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks