What's new

component out from a pci video card (1 Viewer)

sugarman

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hello all,

This is my first post here so I'll quickly introduce myself. My name is John, I am 30 and live in North Carolina. I have been a software engineer for the last ten years but now thinking about a career change and becoming a locksmith. So that's me. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Oh and before I get into my question I just want to compliment whoever put this forum together. The signup process is great. I love that section where you mark items as want/owned. Very nice and a pleasant change from all the vbulletin forums.

Right.... on to the question!

I need a pci video card that can output HD over component (YpBpR).

From what I can tell the only cards that can do this are the ATI Radeon cards. Can someone please confirm that they are getting 1080 from one of these using the ATI adaptor that plugs into the s-video port? Or did they have to use the adaptor type which plugs into the VGA port such as this one.

That it is really. If anyone wants to recommend a specific card (pcie) or a brand of component cables at the same then that would be great as well.

Many thanks in advance,
John

sugarman

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hello all,

First post, so I'll introduce myself. My name is John, I am thirty and live in NC. I have been a software engineer for ten years, and I am now training to be a locksmith. That's enough about me. I look forward to meeting all y'all.

Ok, onto my question...

I need a video card that will display HD over component YpBpR. From what I can tell the only cards that do this (with an adaptor) are certain ATI Radeon models.

The adaptor ATI recommend plugs into the s-video port on the back of the card. Can anyone confirm that this provides 1080 output? The I am ask is ...

a) I am wary of s-video ports.
b) that I have also seen adaptors online which display component YpBpR when plugged into the vga port, such as this one.

That is it! If anyone can recommend a pcie card or brand of component cables that will also be very appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks