1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Component input switch for my single comp. input tewee

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kevin Nolan, May 1, 2003.

1. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan Well-Known Member

I have a Sony RPTV that has only one component vid input. I know there are several products on the market that will give me 2 or more. BUT there is one and I can't remember who makes it but it accepts two input and switches automaticaly...anyone know or recall who makes it?
    Kevin

2. Ottis Fletcher

Ottis Fletcher Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. You'd figure that TV makers would realize by now that people require several component inputs in this age of home theater....but they do not. My TV has two component inputs for six component devices, it's not a devastating problem because I can easily get behind my set, but never the less a pain in the ass. Anyway I was looking at this one here. It may be pricey if you only need one or two more inputs, but I can guarantee that you will need more as time goes on.

3. george king

george king Well-Known Member

It depends on how much you want to spend, and whether you want remote control options. I use a sony composite A/V switcher that you can buy for $30. Just plug the three component leads into the L-R and Composite video jacks (you must do this the same way for each item you want to switch). Run your output the same way to the tv,and push the button to switch components.

This is a passive switch, so bandwidth is not an issue.

Hope this helps.

4. David J. White

At the other end of the spectrum is the Zektor.com unit, which works by remote control switching.

Dave W

5. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

6. Kevin Nolan

Kevin Nolan Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who repiled...I found what I was looking for through your posts, the "Inline" unit is all I need![​IMG]