What's new

Component Color Issues with Onkyo TX-SR674 (1 Viewer)

GeoffBr

Agent
I recently bought an Onkyo TX-SR674 receiver in order to add multiple inputs - I liked the idea of running my Sony DVD player and various game consoles through the receiver instead of having to use a separate input for each on my Panasonic TV itself.

Since my TV doesn't support HDMI, I used the component inputs on the receiver and ran a single component output from the receiver to the television. Unfortunately, since doing so, the image from the DVD player has had a consistently greenish tint to it. The tint does not exist when running the inputs directly from the DVD player to the television, nor when using any of the consoles through the receiver. I have tried tightening up the connections to the DVD player, swapping in different component cables, etc., to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? Any idea what the issue could be? The TV only has 2 component inputs, so my options on leaving the dvd player plugged in are limited.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Couple of questions, what are the model numbers of your DVD player and TV?

I know I had problems with green tint using an older DVD player that didn't do progressive scan through my receiver using component cables. When connected directly to the TV it didn't have issues but the receivers decoding/processing sure did. Once I upgraded to a progressive scan DVD player, the receiver didn't seem to have issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks