What's new

Complications with one HDMI output and Web TV (1 Viewer)

Chaste

Auditioning
Real Name
Chester Swedge
Hello, I finally broke down and purchased a Sony BRAVIA KDL32EX720. Thinking of the future (3D), but not concerned with 3D at present. the input/output specs on this are: Inputs HDMI: 4 (1 Side/3 Rear) Component Video (Y/PB/PR): 1 (Rear) Composite Video: 2 (1 Rear/1 Hybrid) USB 2.0 Ports: 2 (Side) RF Connection: 1 (Rear) Analog Audio Input: 2 (2 Rear) PC Input: DSub 1(Side), Mini 1(Rear) Ethernet 1 (Rear) Outputs Digital Audio Output: 1 (Rear) Analog Audio Output: 1 (Side/Hybrid) Amp is a Yamaha RX-V1700, equiped with 2 HDMI inputs (only 1.3a so 3D is suspect anyway) and one HDMI output. Also plenty of optical digital audio out and in plugs for many devices. Have Cablebox with HDMI out, DVD with HDMI out, old VCR with analog out,and then a few analog devices that do not need monitor. I was planning on connecting Cablebox and DVD to the 2 HDMI inputs on the Yamaha, and then using the 1 HDMI output to go from amp to TV The EX720 can upsample the VCR signal, so no problem there. The issue is what to do about Web TV! I probably haven't thought enough about it, and I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I am not exactly sure how to configure this setup. Again, the RX-V1700 only has 2 HDMI inputs, so I can't run HDMI from the TV back to the Amp for a complete loop back to the TV if I have the 2 HDMI inputs filled with Cablebox and DVD. Has anyone had this kind of setup work in the past? Perhaps changing what goes into the Amp and what goes into the TV would provide a better configuration, but I am stuck at this point. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks to you all.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Chaste,

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to consider a HDMI switcher like this:

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Switch-Switcher-Remote-Support/dp/B00264NZWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310903413&sr=8-2

It's unfortunate that you have to yet add another device to

your setup, but it sounds like you have no other choice as

you are rather limited with your inputs.

Chaste

Auditioning
Real Name
Chester Swedge
Thanks Mr. Epstein, It turns out that my original inclination was correct, and that there is in fact no problem. By connecting and optical sound line from the Monitor back to the Amp, I mearely have to swtich the amp output from the cable box to the Monitor, and the sound comes through, while the picture on the monitor is from the web. So all is well, and I don't need to purchase any other devices at this point. Again, thanks for you support. Chaste

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Chaste,

That's great news.

Listen, hope you stick around here for a while.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm not sure why you need to run HDMI from the TV back to the Yamaha receiver.

The issue is what to do about Web TV! I probably haven't thought enough about it, and I'm sure it's a simple answer, but I am not exactly sure how to configure this setup. Again, the RX-V1700 only has 2 HDMI inputs, so I can't run HDMI from the TV back to the Amp for a complete loop back to the TV if I have the 2 HDMI inputs filled with Cablebox and DVD.

What kind of output does the "Web TV" have? This must be an old component, as I thought Web-TV was out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks