1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Complex Question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Selver, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Selver

Selver New Member

I have a very complex question (or so it seems to me). What i have right now is a Laptop who's video and audio i project to two TV's and one projector. What i am currently using is a wireless HD Flow system but it never seems to work right when i need it. Basically what i need is to be abel to project my computer screen to multiple TV's and one projector. For now all i need to do is project my computer video and audio to two TV's and one projector. In the near future i will need to project my computer audio video to about 10-15 TV's and one projector. I will attach two images that will basically explain what i need done. If you have any further questions that will help you figure out what i need to do please ask. Thanks in advance! [​IMG] [​IMG] Thank you once again!

2. Phil A

Phil A Premium
    Supporter

Phil
    There are various distribution boxes made (e.g. VGA) from a variety of manufacturers. I actually gave one away a couple of years ago that I got in trade and had no use for. It had eight inputs and a pass through to go to another distribution device.

3. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Well-Known Member

there are HDMI and DVI "extenders" that convert the video into (generally) two Cat5/6 cables. But this is not ethernet, and doesn't go through regular switches and hubs, but only directly to a matched "receiver" at the other end.

There are a couple of ways of doing what you're looking at, but if you want/need to stick with Cat-6, you could be in trouble.

Option 1: all laptops go through a format-switcher. HDMI, DVI, VGA, whatever, it all gets converted into, say, VGA (which is easy,) and runs back to your control room. There, you have a VGA distribution amplifier, and push VGA out to all of your displays. But then you need to run VGA to all locations (3-5 pieces of RG-6, either soldered into HD15 connectors, or into RGBHV "pony-tails.") A format switcher might be something like a Kramer multi-format scaling switcher. I think this is in the neighborhood of $1500, but don't quote me on that.

Option 2: Maybe more expensive in adapters, but the cabling is easy; single runs of RG-6 everywhere, and something like an Aja micro-converter that converts the input to HD-SDI for the long-haul, an HD-SDI distribution amplifier, and then another set of microconverters at your displays. But these run at something like $300 per adapter.

I'm sure there are other ways, but they're all likely going to get kind of messy.

Leo