What's new

Complete remodel of the Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
A couple weeks ago I gutted my theater. I removed everything, right down to the seating, risers and flooring. I wanted to flip the room, put the screen where the seating was and vice versa. The main reason for doing this was that it allows me to go from an 82" screen to a 96" screen.

Pics from 2 weeks ago. The old screen, screen wall and gear is all out and the PJ is mounted in it's new location.

The old seating area where the new screen, gear will go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/Ron-P/T1-1.jpg[/img]] ">

Pics from today. New new riser is built with the 3 chairs bolted in. The new 96" screen is hung, the gear is all wired up and the rig is running. Still a lot to do; molding, painting, carpeting, trim work, wire management...etc. But for the most part, the bulk of the hard work is done.

John Gido

Second Unit
Damn Ron, you are one ambitious guy!

Your theater is what, less than 10 years old?

Looks good so far. Keep us informed as you pogress.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I will John, the seating area is 95% complete so I'll post an updated pic of that. Next up is to finish the screen wall and rewire, organize and secure all the gear.

One thing is for certain, it's very difficult to take decent pics in a room that is all black.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks