What's new

Complete Harvey Toons Collection (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I want the Casper TV show short "Casper and the Kings of Toyland" where the Red King and Blue King fight...my favorite of all the Harveytoons...is it included?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
If the release date is truly november7, then we will shortly know more info from someone who found it from a broken street date.You know its bound to happen, but only if its really november 7.If i hear from other posters that the double sided discs work well , ill get it around xmas time.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Ron, i understand your concern, but so far sony has been doing a decent job with titles like casper etc.My only concern is these double sided discs.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I'm not concerned about double sided discs if they don't work it would be my 1st after well over a hundred of them. I'm more concerned if the shorts are complete and in good condition. If they don't work you can get a replacement if they aren't complete or bad prints your stuck.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Is this the same DVD as what I originally posted, or a different DVD altogether?

Master_SiteAnime298691.jpg

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I found something very interesting over at ezydvd.com.au, which is an australian dvd website .They have 5 diffrent volumes of harveytoons all stars !Each best of disc includes richie rich,casper, baby huey, catnip and more.Running time is around 100 minutes for each best of disc.I ordered volume 1 just to get a taste of how these compilations are.The dvds are region free , they even ship to usa for you guys !Got mine ordered just minutes ago, shipped for a grand total of less than 7.00 including the shipment cost to greece !

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory

312 matches The Harveytoons Show list I provided above. This package censors some of the cartoons and speeds them up so more shorts can fit in a a half hour time frame. I may be wrong but I think these will alll be sped up. Also, a handful of these are from television origins.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

I know which ones he was referring to so that does not change my point. All double-sided discs are standard to me.

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

No, he's right. I'm not sure if Tory is a memeber of the forum i'm thinking of, but there's a reliable source on another forum which confirmed with Classic Media that the DVD will consist of episodes from the edited Harveytoons Show.

However, there's some confusion as to HOW many episodes will be included. Another source on the same forum tells me that there's a Netflix listing that cites that only 52 episodes (208 shorts instead of 316) will be on the DVD.

I'm afraid this DVD set isn't shaping out to be very good.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
I neither have the set nor have I seen it. By package, I mean the Harveytoons Show which contains 312 shorts like the previously reported short count. If this is that package as aired then it will be edited, censored and speedup. Given runtime limits this is likely. Also if this has Richie Rich on it then it will have to have TV Richie from the 90's as there were no theatrical Richie Rich shorts. If this is the TV series compilation the first 65 or so episodes were originally picked out by Jerry Beck (not involved with this DVD release) and later on 13 more episodes were added that included these 90's shorts with Richie Rich and some 60's TV Casper. I imagine if the Richie Rich are included then it would be the whole 312 count.

I hope these are presented at the right speed and are uncensored but like I said before, I do not know. Regardless of this I will still be buying it. I will keep an eye out at Wal-Mart over the next few weeks as they seem to have a deal with Classic Media to get their releases a few weeks in advance. Who knows? It might be there today. I do hope that they have the good sense to make this available somewhere before Halloween.

Mark Lx

Second Unit

Neither of those boxes actually mention Richie Rich on the cover. But then they also say "complete" which can't be true

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
While what im about to post may not be whats on the harveytoons region 1 dvd set, there is a chance it will be.These are the cartoons that appear on harveytoons all stars volume 1, 1 disc dvd that i ordered from australia.Casper in boo moon, little audrey in dizzy dishes,modern madcaps in out of this whirl,herman and catnip in mouse trapeze,casper in casper comes to clown,modern madcaps in jolly the clown,baby huey in scoutfellow,casper in boo scout,modern madcaps in scouting for trouble,casper in once upon a rhyme,little audrey in little audrey riding hood,modern madcaps in dante dreamer,herman and katnip in moustro herman,casper in boo bop,and harveytoons animal fair.Also included on this dvd are the short segments called the harveytoons takes, which were short excerpts from various harveytoons.Ill still get the region 1 dvd around xmas time, but i needed a taste of harveytoons till then. Not bad for something that costs less than 7.00 shipped ,Cant wait to get it ! Also i have 1 question, the guy that gave me this list says on this volume 1 australian release, the cartoons appear just as they did on the harveytoons show, does that mean original openings and closings, original music ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Recieved my australian harveytoons volume 1 today!I only had time to chapter skip around, but from what i saw its basically that harveytoons show.About every 20 minutes or so, they show the harveytoons opening theme complete with logo as they did on the show.The transfer looks to be on par with what the region 1 classic casper releases looked like.Running time is 101 minutes.Im sure this is what will wind up on disc 1 side a on the region 1 release. If i hear people had problems with the double sided discs in region 1 , ill get more volumes of this instead.

Tory

Real Name
Tory
Although he had nothing to do with the set, Jerry Beck has posted at cartoonbrew.com that the set contains 53 episodes of the 78 episode Harveytoons show and is not complete, nor is it just the first 52 episodes as the 52nd episode in the set is the 53rd episode of the series. He mentions that some cuts were made when the series was aired but Jackson Beck's voice has been restored to Buzzy the Crow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks