1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Fritz Lang's Metropolis found!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam_S, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
  2. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

I just read this. Since this is becoming a la mode like what they are doing with Star Trek, I say they should do a digital restoration and through all the bad shots out and include new equivalent CG shots! This will be done with all care and respect of course and to keep the original intent. Making it 3D and adding new voices should also be seriously considered!

3. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    Incredible news. Makes you wonder how many other "lost" films/footage still exist out there, there might be hope for The Mountain Eagle yet...

4. Brian D H

Brian D H Second Unit

Please tell me that you forgot to include this: [​IMG]

5. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

This is excellent news....If Kino delays the Blu-ray's release to incorporate the missing footage, I will definitely pick this up.

I'm also hoping in the back of my mind that 'London After Midnight' shared a similar fate with a long lost reel sitting in some film vault just waiting to be rediscovered......Hey, I can dream. [​IMG]

6. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I saw this at the Times Cinema in Milwaukee last night (to a pretty full theater!) and was stunned! The "lost" footage is pretty seamlessly integrated with the rest of the movie (yes, the quality difference is noticeable but there aren't any drastic jumps) and the rest of the movie is one of the finest examples of a silent film I've seen! I really want to re-watch the version that has been out there for years to see how it plays...the majority of the cuts were actually in the last act of the movie ("Furioso", IIRC) and seem to be scenes that might have been too intense for audiences of the time. Highly recommended!!!

7. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

LOL....3D....yup.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what is done with this! Of course by the time it is ready we might well be watching 3D holograms.