What's new

Comparing the HD-A1 and HD-A2 ...(pics) (1 Viewer)

tknapp

Agent
Real Name
Tim Knapp

Wow, glad I checked cause I almost pulled the trigger on an a2. That renders my Kenwood useless with this unit. ug. So what second Gen Toshiba model supports 5.1 over analog? Thank for the heads up.

Tim

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
In the "XA2 Update" thread, Robert Zohn says that the Toshiba HD-XA2 does have 5.1ch analogs out. So unless I'm totally mistaken, you could use that one.

Cees

tknapp

Agent
Real Name
Tim Knapp

1000.00!!!!!! Ouch. 500.00 was my cap. Guess i'll have to sit it out a touch longer. Can't wait to see if it improves my projector setup on a 7ft wide screen.

Tim

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Tim,

Send a PM to Robert Zohn, to find out what his price for our members is. (Might be interesting to you - or not. I really don't know.)

Cees

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Tim,

That would do it. The other way to contact him would be through a Private Message ("PM": look in the header of the page at the right), because he's a member here.

Cees

JuanNarvaez

Agent
I'm going to jump in. If I get an HDA2, can I connect the player to the TV with HDMI and for the sound I can go optical to the receiver? Or if the analog if really needed?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Yes, you can go optical to your receiver for the sound. The player will output Dolby Digital + as high bitrate DTS.

unotis

Grip
Real Name
Kelly J. Wilson

Correct, but you can purchase the XA2 for less than $800 now through Amazon, I believe.

And the XA1 for less than $400 and it also has 5.1 analog output.

LUKassZ32

Agent
Real Name
luke
Ok so the A2 is thinner and smaller than the A1 but maybe that new compact case comes with some disadvantages! Read this http://www.highdefforum.com/showpost...05&postcount=1
I posted it in another thread and would like to know if this guy knows what he is talking about?:crazy: He seems like he knows his stuff pretty well and he may be on to something. Audio wise, assuming you don't have HDMI switching in your receiver, maybe the A1 is a better choice than the A2 or even XA2? Perhaps the A1 is a boat for a reason? Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks