What's new

Compact refrigerator for HT room - problems? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
My FP HT room is the upstairs "bonus room" in my house. I'm thinking of buying a compact refrigerator for entertaining since it's the only room (other than a half-bath) upstairs.

Here's what I'm considering:
3.1 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator (Color: Black)

It's a two-door compact made by Frigidaire. I thought black would be appropriate to match with all the other black/dark wood in the FP theater. I like it because of the relatively large freezer compartment for ice cubes. Actually ice cube storage upstairs is the primary reason I'm getting one.

I know there will be acoustic noise and AC power noise issues. The acoustic noise may be limited since I'm thinking of putting it in the stairwell landing and it won't be in direct line with the viewers' ears.

Any comment before I blow $200. :confused:

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
The noise will drive you crazy and it'll add $30 a month to your electric bill.

Seriously, make sure you listen to it first or can take it back. Some of these lightweight models are noisier than a full size refrigerator (they also generate a lot of heat in the room).

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This model's EPA rating is $27 a year. My typical electrical bill doesn't get above $55 a month in the summer running the AC a lot. I'll check with Lowes about the return policy.....

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
That's an odd looking fridge. I've never seen one like it before. I have a standard college dorm type mini-fridge in my theater. It's black and about half the size of yours. I use it for snacks primarily although it does ice too. I got it for $60.00 using Craigs List. You can always find great deals there unless you prefer new.

John

Mjorgensen

Grip
Real Name
Mark Jorgensen
I bought one of those glass front beverage coolers for my theater and besides the noise it added allot of heat from the compressor!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks