What's new

Community - season 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I only remember NBC starting the stupid practice of bleeding their shows into the next hour by a minute. In the past, it was TBS which started their shows 5 minutes after each new hour.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately I DVR all the NBC Thursday comedies (not Jay Leno, but I said "comedies") but I still miss about five seconds of the credits gag in each show. Lame.

Anyway, I absolutely love this show; best start to a new sitcom in a long time. The professor telling the Mark David Chapman lookalike, "Fine, go kill John Lennon again, you loser!" was the hardest I've laughed at a sitcom since Michael Scott signed up for an online dating service as "LittleKidLover."

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was the funniest thing ever. Best episode yet! "If I had all this to work with, she'd be at the Comfort Inn giving me the Mexican Halloween." I had to pause it right there to recover. "Why is Urkel ripping off the professor's antenna?" Wall to wall hilarity.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Troy was suppose to be Eddie Murphy Raw right?
I liked Chevy Chase as Beastmaster.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that was the Eddie Murphy in the fiery red leather outfit from his RAW concert film. Hilarious execution.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This has got to be the most impressive launch of any show since Arrested Development. Seven shows and not a clunker in the bunch. Aside from some growing pains in the first half of the pilot, this has been an assured and consistently funny series that's regularly been the best show on Thursday night. That's no mean feat for a rookie series much less one in competition with The Office and 30 Rock. Another impressive feat is the ability to spotlight every single character in the series, something that hit shows aren't able to accomplish seasons into their runs. When you have larger ensemble casts like this on a half hour sitcom, you figure a couple will eventually end up with one or two lines an episode and then gradually get phased out. But they've been able to cultivate each cast member even as Danny Pudy breaks out, Chevy Chase has a career renaissance, and Joel McHale get's his headliner share of screen time. Even Britta, whom I was dogging earlier in this thread has found her groove. And then they throw in ancillary characters like Senor Chang, Dean Moby, the English Professor and even Starburns.

This is easily the best new show of the season. Bar none. When I watch it, I LOL so much I'm constantly rewinding to catch the jokes I missed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I laugh just reading the word Starburns, especially in italics. It's got to be a good show for me to be hooked because I general don't watch comedies.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I was laughing hard again at this show...and when Chevy Chase was having his trip (and the makers using that attached camera) I bust out laughing. Bloody hilarious....so, so good.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This has already emerged as my favorite of the NBC Thursday shows. 30 Rock and The Office have past (and semi-frequent current) greatness going for them, but as far as the current seasons go, Community is the one I look forward to the most and save to watch last each week.

To go along with what Hanson said, I love that, seven episodes into the series, we've already explored the relationships between nearly every possible pair in the study group.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's definitely fun seeing Alison Brie do more than pout and pine in '60s period clothing.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Yeah, that was the Eddie Murphy in the fiery red leather outfit from his RAW concert film. Hilarious execution.
"Raw" was purple leather, "Delirious" (his first stand-up special on HBO) was the red leather.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I definitely echo what others said earlier. This show is funny and great, and glad to hear that it got picked up for a full season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Pierce, Pierce, Pierce!
Pierce, you're a B!

I almost choked to death on that ride out. Also, when the Polish guy started singing, "I'm getting rid of Britta, getting rid of the B!" This show's so good, it's almost worth blowing off one of my following hour recordings just so I could get the last few seconds of the tag scene. Vaughn showed up and it cut off. ). Every single main character is gold.

Oh, speaking of which--awesome guest cast news:

Anthony Michael Hall will be guesting! That brings in a Breakfast Clubber and reunites him with Clark Griswold! Score!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks