What's new

Commercials that just irritate you.... (1 Viewer)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Hey George-

I'm thinking that "Helen Wheels" was taken off the air

because of a possible lawsuit (Paul McCartney has a

song with that title).

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Enough already with Jessica Simpson's commercials for Domino's pizza!

I used to like the song "These Boots Are Made For Walking", but now has been re-written "These Pops were made for Poppin'", for the cheese filled bite sized pops on Domino's new pizza.

There's another commercial here for Senso-dyne toothpaste with guy who looks like a serial killer posing as dentist.

I swear, I'm not making it up.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the correction.

At least they got rid of 5 bucks 5 bucks... commercial. That was annoying.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
This is not a complaint about the commercials themselves, it's the timing.
Ever had one of those time frames, between paychecks, when the food you have in your cupboards is IT?
[Sarcasm/] "Ah, yes, mac and cheese again. Good, satisfying fare!" [/Sarcasm]
About the time you finally manage to talk yourself into eating your mac and cheese, you turn on your TV and what should appear?
"New at Applebee's!"
"Endless shrimp at Red Lobster!"
"New pasta and bread sticks all you can eat at Olive Garden!"
Insert ad for something irresistible here, a limited time offer, that ends JUST the day before payday! :angry:
Go back to that "great" mac and cheese WITHOUT crying, if you can!

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Those in the NY area I'm sure truly appreciate the fine art of the US Window Factory radio commercials ...

"WE TOLLLD YOU SOOOOOOOO!"

and

"OH MY GOD, WHAT A [insert awkward pause] NIGHTMARE!"

Some of the most horrific voice acting I've ever heard; screeching nails on a chalkboard is a heavenly auditory experience compared to hearing these commercials.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
There's a new one on the radio that makes me just want to throw myself through a plate glass window and land in a kiddie pool of lemon juice! :angry:
It's a commercial for WaWa and it has this girl in it who's all hopped up on caffine and talking like 'Six' from Blossom on speed from drinking WaWa's coffee and every few seconds you hear her take a slurp from the cup.
I swear I want to pull out a gun and shoot the radio everytime this commercial comes on!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Burger King strikes again.
This time they've got cowboys sitting around a corral riding violent over-sized chickens. As Dave Barry might write, I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. :D
Think of men in cowboy apparel riding really large ostriches or emus...although these are really big guys wearing chicken costumes.
Anyway, while all this is going on...there is a jingle which is sung cowboy-style and is centered around the phrase:
Big bucking chicken...
Get it? Its there way of saying the chicken patty on their chicken sandwich is rather large. I saw this thing at least three times tonight.
:rolleyes: The continuing decay of the morals in our society. :D ...or at least the decay of intelligent advertising!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I saw that commerial several times. It's not that funny. It reminds me of that Burger King "Coq Rock" commercial. They're trying to sell themselves by appealing the people who like dumbed down ads.

"Hey! They said something that sounds like F***! They're cool, let's go there!". I'm sure it's just a matter of me getting older. But it's not really the typical "Damn teenagers and they're rock and roll music!" - It's more the "I hate that the only way to get through a young persons mind (with ads), is to be more extreme than the others."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's more the "I hate that the only way to get through a young persons mind (with ads), is to be more extreme than the others."
Especially since it's not true. Intelligence and cleverness is what still would rule the day...if there was any of it out there. Someone should start a new thread, "What's the last intelligent TV ad you can remember?" Bet there wouldn't be too many responses. ;)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
There's one ad featuring a skinny guy dressed like Hulk Hogan. I don't remember what they were advertising, but it is annoying.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Dave - You'te the man! Ive been saying this since 6th grade. WTF!?! $60 a month for cable and I still get this shit!?! Not to mention the low quality picture and sound. Thanks Comcast. :angry: :thumbsdown: I could say, "Ive been Comshafted"

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ok, another one that drives me nuts is the new AOL Broadband commercials. They're making it sound like they've revolutionized the internet with "High Speed Internet". "Not just faster dial-up". All I know is that I've had DSL since I've been a member here so I'm thinking that AOL isn't the first to market. What do I know?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks