What's new

Commercials that just irritate you.... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF
The psycho black-Friday woman ads? Those were frightening. She wasn't taking her meds.
Yup. Tell me this makes any sense in the drive to get you to Black Friday shop @ Target:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I can't stand the new Kit Kat commercial, I've always hated hearing high pitched snapping or crunching noises in commercials, I also hate the sound, and just sound as in a radio commercial, of beer being poured.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ah, dude, I thought I was the only one. Years ago, I was in Blockbuster and they played an audio ad of someone pouring a Coke. I almost had to leave. My family has never understood.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
LOL, I couldn't even begin to tell you why it drives me up a wall but it just does, I guess it works along the same lines and affects the same part of the brain as someone dragging their nails across a chalkboard.

And it's only just the audio of it, I can watch beer commercials and if I can see the beer being poured the sound doesn't bother me.

Go figure.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!
LOL, I couldn't even begin to tell you why it drives me up a wall but it just does, I guess it works along the same lines and affects the same part of the brain as someone dragging their nails across a chalkboard.

And it's only just the audio of it, I can watch beer commercials and if I can see the beer being poured the sound doesn't bother me.

Go figure.
I have a similar reaction to any commercial that shows words appearing on the screen accompanied by audible key clicks as if someone is typing. I hate that.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
I have a similar reaction to any commercial that shows words appearing on the screen accompanied by audible key clicks as if someone is typing. I hate that.
For me, it's amplified eating sounds. I loathe those Carl's Jr. commercials.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I hate that new Volkswagen commercial that sticks the faces of Gene Kelly and Donald O'conner onto fake dancing legs.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Malcolm R said:
For me, it's amplified eating sounds. I loathe those Carl's Jr. commercials.
All of the above. eating/drinking sound effects are obnoxious, and beer pouring and keyboard clicking sound effects annoy me too.

Keyboard clicking in radio ads, especially, since they always have the guy speaking what he's typing, slowly, one word at a time.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The current McDonald's commercial where the couple starts doing the synchronized table thumping thing with their hands/arms.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Malcolm R said:
The current McDonald's commercial where the couple starts doing the synchronized table thumping thing with their hands/arms.
I don't like that one either. What are they doing anyway?
Are the ballet dancers or ice skaters?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Malcolm R
This might be my most hated comercial, I just think it's stupid. Even fast forwarding through it makes me irritated because I can still see it.

"To the clouds" comercial with the mom changing all her families head shots is right there too, especially when she says "to the clouds" and has that look on her face. Uhg I hate it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The other one with the couple at the airport isn't bad. Her "Yay cloud!" is cute. It's also cute how the teacher with all the popcorn says "Whaat?" and "Popcorn!".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The one where the kid on the playground crosses his legs and tells his mom he has to go to the bathroom, and instead of doing something about it, they all launch into the "Potty Dance." The guy's voice is very annoying. And then, "Go to our website for all the Potty Dance fun!" No!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While that one is beautifully shot I freakin' hate commercials that refuse to divulge what the hell it's trying to sell me until the end, as if it's keeping me in suspense or something.

I hate that new laptop commercial where the couple comes home to find they've been robbed, the place is trashed, all of their belongings are gone and their only concern is that the old PC wasn't worth stealing (that's right, folks, the burglers left the old PC!!) and they have to buy a new one...um...what?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A new hated commercial, the new iPhone commercial with the tagline "If you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone."

Uh huh. Why doesn't he just come out and say what he really means..."If you don't have an iPhone, well, your a worthless fucking low life who's existence should be reversed."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!
A new hated commercial, the new iPhone commercial with the tagline "If you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone."

Uh huh. Why doesn't he just come out and say what he really means..."If you don't have an iPhone, well, your a worthless fucking low life who's existence should be reversed."

I rather like that commercial, since it validates my existence as a superior being

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks