What's new

Commander in Chief ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
Bochco- Don't like the changes so far but it is early days I guess..... No politicing :frowning:

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It's nice that they are fleshing Sutherland's character out and his assistant whom he fired.
What ever happened to the ex first lady?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She knew she had overstayed her welcome. Maybe she's already gone. Perhaps they'll mention it in passing; or the writers will just ignore it entirely.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Kyle Secor's character seems to have a really healthy relationship with his mother-in-law. Never thought I'd see that on television. :)

Rob

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Few weeks back the former 1st lady said she felt it was time for her to move on and out and she did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Surprisingly, I'm liking this show more and more. Giving back the tape to Templeton was a politically gracious gesture. Will it bite her 2 years hence, who knows? "Zach" is so into Kelly.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree, Patrick. I don't know if it is a result of Bochco's involvement, but I really enjoyed the most recent Thanksgiving episode. Polly Bergen as a new addition to the regular cast is an interesting (and somewhat surprising) choice, IMO. I am also pleased to see the kids taking more of a backseat. I was not a fan of the scenes depicting domestic life in the White House.

Unfortunately, ratings for the show have been steadily declining. The program has gone from number one in its time period to #2 (and this past week, #3 overall.) Methinks ABC has some work cut out if it wants to keep this show a hit.

Peter T.

Grip
I liked this weeks episode. The show is definitly not as good as "The West Wing". But I think it's still OK. I didn't like the music in this weeks episode. It was way to much and on the nose. Especially when the president had her first meeting in the Situation Room. I like good scores and sometimes music brings a lot of atmosphere to a scene but in this episode it just didn't work, imo.

Steven Bochco keeps his familiy quite busy. His wife has become a producer and his son directed this weeks episode.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Started with talk about running for another term. Interrupted by a US sub on a secret (even to her) spy mission off coast of N. Korea. Sub is now sitting on bottom within N. Korean waters.
Everyone trying to figure out how to get them. Course of action chosen was to negotiate with China as they have the gear to help with the sub and the N. Koreans would not know they were going to help US sub.
Speaker brokered the deal with the Chinese.

All looked good until the end of the episode when it waqs reported on TV that the Koreans found out about it and from the previews appears to touch off a nuclear showdown.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
One big disconnect for me was: why use a missile sub on a spy mission? Use a hunter-killer for fecks sake! I.e. use a Los Angeles class, not an Ohio.

IIRC, LA-class subs are as fast, if not faster, and maybe as quiet, as Ohio class subs. Plus they're a lot smaller. And if something goes wrong (as it indeed did), there isn't the fall-out of having nuclear missiles goen astray -- unless LA-class subs carry nuke-enabled Tomahawks?

Interesting to see how they've dialled back on the Speaker's "villiany" and how he can act in the national interest when necessary, and how they've "humanised" him in showing his angst at having lost his chief of staff.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You know, it would be interesting if they actually would have a nuclear war and then a president who rules in the time of the global winter/holocaust.. hmm. Would be more sci-fi, ala Mad Max, but I'd tune in.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Except N Korea does not have a Nuke ( 1 or 2 prototype bombs does not make an arsenal)arsenal and no capbility to get it to the US (and if they do, not much past Cali).

I think parking 3 carrier groups 10 miles off their coast would shut down any N Korean threat in an instant (against the US that is).
The real trouble with N Korea is all the artillery they have pointed @ Seoul.
That's the real problem ina conflict with them.

They can do nothing to the continental US.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Except N Korea does not have a Nuke

And you know this because... ?

The U.S. doesn't really have a woman President, BTW. The show is fictional.

> I think parking 3 carrier groups 10 miles off their coast would shut down any N Korean threat in an instant

You're assuming they would act rationally. That is an interesting assumption.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Way too funny! I can't see a Global War though. Just a limited one, and N. Korea would be gone so fast it wouldn't be funny.

I guess other 'bad' countries could join in, but going the 'Mad Max' route is a little bit too much.

Crap, if they nuked S. Korea - then Samsung would be gone! Yikes!

Glenn

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, it's far fetched, but it would probably be more entertaining :) I'm still laughing over the concept of a show in which Heather Graham struggles to get laid :rolleyes

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I just watched both parts on TIVO last night. Pretty good show. Yeah, a bit predictible, but still not bad.

Glad Geena got the GG. She does a nice job on the show. And yeah, I like that they aren't just turning Templeton into the "evil Republican" character, but are showing him as human. I like that he got excited working on the problem.

And Nastasha is pretty darned easy on the eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks