What's new

Coming, to a theater near you. (2 Viewers)

BrianKR

Second Unit
lol, I just saw SVS-Ron's link to that animation.
So if that cylinder with horns represents say an Ultra, and the Box4 does so much better, shouldn't that change to a box stomping on the cylinder?
How about the cylinder sub chases the little box sub into a corner then the B4-Plus drops down on top of it. It ends with the SVS cylinder and B4-box high fiving each other and laughing. :)

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have been reading all the post from this thread,my hat is off to the fine people at SVS for giving us something different, there is a lot of diversity on this board, you might find one person posting what is the best 200.00 dollar home sub, to another person posting what is the finest home sub period! some people just don't have the money to buy top of the line, and some can buy anything they want, I spent 1500.00 dollars on two Paradigm pw2200's, some people think I am crazy for that, but I enjoy the subs, and I would also think about buying the new box 4 from Tom V. to me you can't take the money with you when you die so spend it while you can!:D also Tom how would one box4 SVS compare to 2 pw2200's, and to 4 pw2200's, I am thinking about adding some more bass to my system, thought about adding 2 more pw2200's but size is getting a little out of hand, one of those box4 SVS sub's just might be the ticket! thanks
Mark

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Andrus,

>>>Since this "thing" has the price tag to match it's size i'd say it's more suited for Pro use then home HT use for "most" people.Oh i can almost hear it now, it's for elite few with $$$ and it's for the enthusiast who crave the ultimate.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Ron or Tom,
How do you recommend someone place this uber subwoofer in a listening room? (Not only where, but also which side of the box faces out/toward the listening position.)>Also, who makes "reasonably priced" amplifiers that approach the full 5kW?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Art,
>>>1. What would the purpose of this sub be. Maybe as a dynamite substitute. Just plug it in play a movie like Jurassic Park and wha La no more glass/pictures or fillings.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Well I have been reading all the post from this thread,my hat is off to the fine people at SVS for giving us something different, there is a lot of diversity on this board, you might find one person posting what is the best 200.00 dollar home sub, to another person posting what is the finest home sub period! some people just don't have the money to buy top of the line, and some can buy anything they want, I spent 1500.00 dollars on two Paradigm pw2200's, some people think I am crazy for that, but I enjoy the subs, and I would also think about buying the new box 4 from Tom V. to me you can't take the money with you when you die so spend it while you can! also Tom how would one box4 SVS compare to 2 pw2200's, and to 4 pw2200's, I am thinking about adding some more bass to my system, thought about adding 2 more pw2200's but size is getting a little out of hand, one of those box4 SVS sub's just might be the ticket! thanks
Mark

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Tom/Ron

Will there be a "choice of woods" to choose from for the finish on B-4, along with a Pianio Black possibly?

I know it's very early, but as Ron mentioned there are other box style subs coming. The others, (to be seen and announced), will some of them be (powered or passive) and also have a choice in wood finish?

Ron did mention the lowest in the box style line would have a pebbled black finsh, but curious as to how far up the line you would have to go in (BOX STYLE SUB) to get into a "wood finish" regardless if powered or passive.???

I know it's very early and many of these things I am asking about may not even be close to being all worked out as of yet, but could you guesstimate at some of it. ???

I am sure others are curious also about the other box style subs and what might be ~{offered in a wood finish, box size, and powered or unpowered}~...?????

Thanx much
Geoff

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Geoff,

The hard clear maple veneer will be standard, with any hue/color desired. Piano black is not in the offing at this time but certainly not something we've ruled out permanantly.

Other woods may be available at added cost.

Woods on the lower priced box subs might be available too, we'd just have to have the demand to make it worthwhile. For now we know a nice durable black is nearly always in demand. Our black finish will be very cool, and I suspect with its light textured surface (like our fabric on the cylinder subs) will allow them to all but dissapear in a corner, or finally, as an endtable if you desire, since they are boxes. The finish is very high-tech and able to take drinks/spills for just that reason. Piano gloss is "oh so touchy" in terms of building, shipping, and in practical use shows every bit of dust and fingerprints. Beautiful in concept, a PITA to really put in your hands and make it look good for years to come.

As you know we rule little out at SVS, except our commitment to keeping our local and North American suppliers busy and strong. We're loath to ship production overseas to get shiny boxes or exotic woods. We totally understand the common trend to do so however and may be just stubborn in bucking the system there.

Ron

Chip E

Screenwriter
Boy, a gloss black SVbox would sure compliment my Stratus Silveri's in high gloss black.. ! For now, my 1 1/2 year old 20-39PC is still ass kicking. That B4 sure looks sweet. :emoji_thumbsup:

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanks Ron

It's totally understandable the "Wood Finish) approach at this time. And
yes, that Pianio Black is a VARY BIG PITA!

Last Question:

How long before (best guess) we may see the "entire BOX line" up on your Web site??

Geoff

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Tom, Bet that Box4 is an awesome sub! here you have one box sub that can equal 3 to 6 subs that are thought of as top of the line, can't wait to see the entire product line, keep up the great work!
Mark

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
OK, so I'm going to say what everyone's wondering. When do we get to read about a SVS B4-Plus vs Onix Reference Sub vs ServoDrive Contrabass??? :D

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Gabriel,

Well, we're game ;^) We have something else in store as competition for the Onix though, at much lower cost than the B4-Plus. With eerily similar description from what little I've heard about the AV123 effort. It'll be a couple more weeks before we can get to details on that. The entry level PB1-ISD and B4-Plus have to get out the door first.

Having just gotten the photo sample ready of the PB1, I can say it's a nice tidy little unit (now, little at SVS is a relative term ;^). Nearly got a hernia carting it downstairs though. These are stout boxes, with 1" walls. Cylinders do have advantages after all.

Ron

Sebastian

Second Unit
Wow! I just saw this thread, I guess the title threw me off. I was waiting for something like "the new SVS box sub"
Anyway, nice looking sub, can't wait to hear some reviews on it because I know I will never hear it in person, I can not even afford SVS's lowest entry level cylinder sub.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks