What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

Greg4

Grip
Real Name
Greg
Any chance for Fassbinder's I Only Want You to Love Me being upgraded to blu-ray as well? Maybe along The Stationmaster's Wife release?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Also, don't forget titles like The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell which wasn't a Republic or Paramount title originally. It's production company was United States Pictures and was distributed by Warner. It was filmed during the summer of 1955, and should be widescreen, I thought it was a cinemascope film with the awful WarnerColor process.
It was in CinemaScope. The previous DVD release of The Court Martial Of Billy Mitchell by "Artisan" was in 2.35 wide screen albeit non-anamorphic despite the back jacket stating that it was a full screen version. I look forward to upgrading to the Olive DVD.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Robert Crawford said:
Also, don't forget titles like The Court-Martial of Billy Mitchell which wasn't a Republic or Paramount title originally. It's production company was United States Pictures and was distributed by Warner. It was filmed during the summer of 1955, and should be widescreen, I thought it was a cinemascope film with the awful WarnerColor process.
WarnerColor was pretty bad. I just got the new "remastered" DVD from the 1955 Liberace film , Sincerely Yours, from Warner Archive. It is dual-layered so it's not bit-starved, but really looks weak and the color is pretty sickly. I hope they have better material to work with for Billy Mitchell.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
MisterLime said:
Answering a few questions...

The Bob Hope films will be released on BLU-RAY very soon. Also, everything else from the Paramount library will be released on BLU-RAY very soon, with the exception of FACE TO FACE which only has a standard def master acquired from Studio Canal - by far the best elements available anywhere.

They will also release, ICI ET AILLEUR, NUMERO DEUX and POLICE on BLU-RAY.

All the other titles are on the schedule and should be coming out as soon as they're ready. GOD'S LITTLE ACRE should be in July.
Great News!!!! Thanks much!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Greg4 said:
Any chance for Fassbinder's I Only Want You to Love Me being upgraded to blu-ray as well? Maybe along The Stationmaster's Wife release?
Yes, it will, sometime this year.

STATIONMASTER WIFE will most likely be in 2014. The restoration of the uncut version has just started.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thomas T said:
It was in CinemaScope. The previous DVD release of The Court Martial Of Billy Mitchell by "Artisan" was in 2.35 wide screen albeit non-anamorphic despite the back jacket stating that it was a full screen version. I look forward to upgrading to the Olive DVD.
The Olive release will be in its original aspect ratio of 2.55:1

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Are Beware My Lovely and Dr. Terrors House of Horrors still on schedule for this year ?
What about the Big Combo ?
Also will Dr Terror have the commentary that was on the Anchor Bay DVD ? That would be so cool if it could be ported over ! :)

Greg4

Grip
Real Name
Greg
MisterLime said:
Yes, it will, sometime this year.

STATIONMASTER WIFE will most likely be in 2014. The restoration of the uncut version has just started.
Thank you so much for your response and made this Fassbinder fan happy. Can't wait for the uncut version of Stationmaster's Wife.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
David Steigman said:
Are Beware My Lovely and Dr. Terrors House of Horrors still on schedule for this year ?
What about the Big Combo ?
Also will Dr Terror have the commentary that was on the Anchor Bay DVD ? That would be so cool if it could be ported over ! :)
They will be a bit later, maybe late 2013 or 2014. Don't know about the commentary.
BIG COMBO should be coming out soon.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MLamarre said:
Any update on when RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11 and HOME OF THE BRAVE will be released?
HOME OF THE BRAVE is coming soon. RIOT IN CELL BLOCK 11 is not an Olive title - It was acquired by another company.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Olive Films - July Release - More to come...

Attachments

• CryV.jpg
    CryV.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 411

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
That'd be a shame for Olive not to try and take advantage of the attention going on for Cushing's 100th birthday anniversary in 2013 (admittedly more notable in the UK, but US fans are aware too).

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
John Doe said:
How about Looking for Mr.Goodbar, The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, The Keep and The Grey Fox on Blu?
I second all of these, especially The Keep (would be nice to see the extended Director's Cut, but I'll take the theatrical cut if that's the only way we could get it.)

RobHam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob Hamilton
Reuben, Reuben is released on BD next week via Olive having never had a DVD release anywhere.

I suspect many will never have heard of this forgotten gem from the 1980's - Tom Conti gave the performance of his career as a drunken Scottish poet on tour in the US, and was rewarded with an Oscar nomination (lost out to Robert Duvall).

If you like the Ealing Studios comedy output from the 1950's, you will love the whimsical nature of this film. I'm hoping someone here does a review of this - if nothing else, just to raise its profile.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
bgart13 said:
That'd be a shame for Olive not to try and take advantage of the attention going on for Cushing's 100th birthday anniversary in 2013 (admittedly more notable in the UK, but US fans are aware too).
Peter Cushing remains a star. He sells discs. Wouldn't it be nice if one the home video distributors who controls his films exploited his 100th birthday with a set of titles for the fans with money to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks