What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
cadavra said:
Wow, it happened yet again: I just purchase a DVD (MEN IN WAR) only to learn a superior version is on the way. Sigh...

Mike S.
Robin9 said:
. . . and I bought a very poor quality DVD of God's Little Acre a few weeks ago.
To make it a complete set, I unfortunately bought Image's OOP The Big Combo earlier this year.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Yes, thanks for that list.

I am axiously awaiting THE PAWNBROKER, OPERATION PETTICOAT, DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS and the guilty pleasure of FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE (you haven't lived until you see how it uses Borodin's Polovetsian Dances -- aka "Stranger In Paradise).

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Dick said:
Yes, thanks for that list.

I am axiously awaiting THE PAWNBROKER, OPERATION PETTICOAT, DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS and the guilty pleasure of FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE (you haven't lived until you see how it uses Borodin's Polovetsian Dances -- aka "Stranger In Paradise).
Yep Fire Maidens is a guilty pleasure its so awful...the only way Id watch it is via MST3K. :) I am also awaiting Dr. Terrors House of Horrors and hopefully they will port over the extras that were on the Anchor Bay UK DVD. Also Beware my Lovely and the Big Combo are on my *hurry it up* lists, and also Mr Peabody and the Mermaid

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Stefan Andersson said:
Hopefully Olive will release God´s Little Acre in both cuts (one of them unrated), as was done on the French DVD from Wild Side.
Yes, I'd be very interested to see both versions.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
After the latest excellent blu-ray release of "Hello Dolly" by Fox , I would now like to see Olive release the original non musical version called
" THE MATCHMAKER"(58) which was shot in b&w Vista Vision by Paramount.

The film has a great cast including a much better suited Shirley Booth as Dolly.
Shirley MacLaine, Anthony Perkins, Paul Ford and Robert Morse are all terrific.
The dialogue is very similar to "Hello Dolly" , so much so that you keep expecting the cast to burst into song at any moment.(sadly they don't)

Paramount released an exceptional quality Laserdisc of the movie, so the source material for a blu-ray hopefully still exists.

Let's hope that Olive gives some consideration to this forgotten gem as it would be a great companion piece to share with "Hello Dolly"

Doug.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Matt Hough said:
The DVD release for The Matchmaker also looked very good as I recall.
I just watched the Matchmaker DVD last night, after having watched Hello, Dolly! last week. The DVD is beautiful and a blu ray should look spectacular.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Gosh, that one slipped past me.
It's hard to believe that Paramount themselves actually released a wide screen version of The Matchmaker on DVD.
Most unlike Paramount to release a title that doesn't star Audrey Hepburn ;-)

It appears to be discontinued now because Amazon's dealers are offering new copies from $44.50. (thanks but no thanks)

Maybe Paramount themselves will think Blu-ray.
On second thoughts no Audrey Hepburn so Olive might be our best and only bet.

In the meantime the old 4:3 matted Laserdisc will suffice.
It does have the isolated film score by Adolph Deutsch which is great to have.

Does the Paramount DVD contain the isolated score?

Doug.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
If you can't wait for a Blu-ray release, VUDU and iTunes have The Matchmaker available for HD streaming, though it costs just as much as a Blu-ray.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was just wondering if they will have the UK cut of Breaking Glass as well as the USA one on the disc or whether licensing restrictions prevent this.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
June Releases (Olive Films) - More to come...

Hangar 18 - Audio Commentary with director James L. Conway and writer David O'Malley

Attachments

• June_A.jpg
    June_A.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 298

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks