What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
robbyj13 said:
Mister Lime, Is there any news on The Other Love, Blowing Wild, and The File on Thelma Jordon? Thanks for all of the updates!
Blowing Wild and File of Thelma Jordon should be very soon - May or June. No updates on The Other Love.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MLamarre said:
It was announced at one time that Olive would be releasing many of Bo Widerberg's films. I just checked IMDb and they're no longer listed as distributor of any of his films. Were they dropped? I hope not. At the very least they should release the two of his films belonging to Paramount; ADALEN '31 (1969) and JOE HILL (1971).
The 4 Bo Widerberg films listed below should be out later in 2013. Most likely in the Fall. The Paramount films are not available to them. Man on the Roof (1977) The Adalen Riots (1969) Elvira Madigan (1967) Raven’s End (1963)

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
MisterLime said:
Secret of the Incas was dropped. Poor film elements.
MisterLime said:
Both of these will be later releases.
Looking forward to Sands of Iwo Jima. A true tragedy about Secret of the Incas, considering its inspiration of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas to create the Indiana Jones franchise. How could the elements be so bad? The transfers I've seen floating about are not good, but certainly acceptable for a DVD if nothing else IMO.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
MisterLime said:
Secret of the Incas was dropped. Poor film elements.
MisterLime said:
Both of these will be later releases.
Looking forward to Sands of Iwo Jima. A true tragedy about Secret of the Incas, considering its inspiration of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas to create the Indiana Jones franchise. How could the elements be so bad? The transfers I've seen floating about are not good, but certainly acceptable for a DVD if nothing else IMO.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Olive Films - Last 2 April Releases
a657dcf2_April_7.jpeg
THE BOOK OF LIFE | THE GIRL FROM MONDAY [DOUBLE FEATURE DVD] SPECIAL FEATURES: THE BOOK OF LIFE • UPON REFLECTION: THE BOOK OF LIFE - The Making of “THE BOOK OF LIFE” • SISTERS OF MERCY - Short Film by Hal Hartley Starring Parker Posey • THEATRICAL TRAILER THE GIRL FROM MONDAY • THE MAKING OF “THE GIRL FROM MONDAY” • THEATRICAL TRAILER

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway
So, 24 films on 23 releases, and 22 of those films on Blu-ray as well in April alone. Pretty damn impressive.
You haven't seen the quality of those releases yet. I'll be buying my share of titles, but I'm not expecting anything that would be a reference quality BD release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
MisterLime said:
Blowing Wild and File of Thelma Jordon should be very soon - May or June.
Very good news. Very good news indeed . . . . . and exciting! That'll be two VHS tapes I can retire.

Hey Misterime What about Beware My Lovely, Mr Peabody and the Mermaid and Dr Terrors House of Horrors Any info about when these are coming out ? Thanks :)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
david steigman said:
Hey Misterime What about Beware My Lovely, Mr Peabody and the Mermaid and Dr Terrors House of Horrors Any info about when these are coming out ? Thanks :)
All of those will be later. Probably late Summer or Fall. Unless they run into some unforeseen issues.

realist

Auditioning
Real Name
William Lund
"Come Next Spring" is also on Netflix streaming. The issue here is that the film has cropped to a 4:3 format which by 1956 should have been at least 1:85, 1:78, or 1:66. It would also be great to see the color restored and the print cleaned up.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford
You haven't seen the quality of those releases yet. I'll be buying my share of titles, but I'm not expecting anything that would be a reference quality BD release.
I've seen enough of Olive's releases to not be overly worried.

EndInThemselves

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Mister Lime, or anyone who can answer, Any chance that Olive Films titles will be rentable from Netflix or Facets in the near future? Currently, it looks like only a few are available on each site. Thank you.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
A lot of the transfers on Netflix are from older Republic video masters and not the transfers used by Olive. Private Hell 36, for example, looks like crap on Netflix compared to the Olive transfer.

EndInThemselves

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
JoHud, Thanks for responding. I'm wondering about renting the actual DVDs/Blu-rays from Netflix, not the "instant" films. I wish Netflix carried the actual discs, so I could check them out. So many great Olive releases and I just can't buy them all!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
borisfw said:
Never seen Innocent Bystanders . But i like Stanley Baker . I might have to get that one .
borisfw said:
Never seen Innocent Bystanders . But i like Stanley Baker . I might have to get that one .
I watched the BRD of Innocent Bystanders last night. This disc is one of the best I've seen from Olive Films. No dirt, no marks, no scratches at all; very clean and clear images. As I said before: it's a pretty good film. Well worth watching if you like action thrillers that are not totally stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks