What's new

Coming Soon From Olive Films (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Netflix Instant and Amazon Prime are great resources for Paramounts 60s/70s library of films that never hit video.Many of the above premiered on either one of those services.
Looking most forward to SHANKS which has never been on video either. TCM showed it not to long ago-can anyone comment if this film is worth a blind buy?

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
SHANKS is a matter of taste. William Castle and Marcel Marceau are strange bedfellows, and the movie a curious blend of horror and whimsy, kind of anticipating Tim Burton. By the time Olive gets to it it'll probably hit TCM again, so I'd check it out there first.

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Jules Dassin's "Uptight!" would be a great welcome to dvd. Along with Richard Pryor and Billy Dee Williams "Hit!" and Sidney Poitier's "Slender Thread".

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
These were Just announced on DVD & BLU-RAY - FEBRUARY 14, 2012 STREET DATE
THE GEISHA BOY
ROCK-A-BYE BABY
BOEING BOEING
THE PERFECT WEAPON
a433ddfd_2_14.jpeg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazing. So Olive picked up the rights to the
remaining unreleased Jerry Lewis films under
(which I am guessing is) Paramount.

Very cool.

Been trying to get Sony to release their Jerry
Lewis films, particularly THE BIG MOUTH to
DVD (it has never yet been released).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Wow, Olive films is dominating this library. 4 per month, all on blu-ray? Sold!
In regards to Jerry Lewis, there are still some unreleased Paramount Jerry Lewis and one unreleased Martin/Lewis that they can still get on their (hopefully) third wave.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
JoHud said:
In regards to Jerry Lewis, there are still some unreleased Paramount Jerry Lewis and one unreleased Martin/Lewis that they can still get on their (hopefully) third wave.
I think these are the ones that are left from Paramount.
A Vist to a Small Planet
Don't Give Up the Ship
Three Ring Circus(Martin/Lewis)
The Sad Sack
I don't quite understand what is going on with Three Ring Circus. It doesn't seem to have any issues that would keep it from being released yet it never has. Of the Columbia Pictures, the Big Mouth was by far the best. Yet this one has not been and several others that were very bad have been

JoHud said:
I agree. I wasn't expecting Blu-rays on these. Nice.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
For those interested, Classicflix.com has confirmed these releases will also be released on DVD.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
THE GEISHA BOY
ROCK-A-BYE BABY
BOEING BOEING
THE PERFECT WEAPONhttp://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/754896/width/564/height/700

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i would like The Long Day's Dying (1968) Peter Collinson – David Hemmings which is a British war movie.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
kingfish said:
i would like The Long Day's Dying (1968) Peter Collinson – David Hemmings which is a British war movie.
Me too, it's like a lost movie. I was looking at some stills of it the other day in an old 60's Films & Filming magazine.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
1. Assault on the Queen (1966) Jack Donohue - Frank Sinatra, Virna Lisi
2. The Buccaneer (1958) Anthony Quinn – Yul Brynner, Clair Bloom, Charlton Heston
Those 2 films are ones I want very much. I'll buy them as soon as Olive Films releases them.
Is it possible for Olive Films to get the release rights to Paramount's "Looking for Mr Goodbar"? I imagine that "Looking for Mr Goodbar" is DEEP in Music rights HELL & that is why we have NEVER seen a release by Paramount. One can Wish...
I will be checking Olive's Internet site daily looking for a release date for "Twilight's Last Gleaming"!!!!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Two more February titles: 2/28/12 DVD & BD
THE BUCCANEER (1958)
NIJINSKY (1980)
ea66233f_2_28.jpeg

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Two more February titles: 2/28/12 DVD & BD
THE BUCCANEER (1958)
NIJINSKY (1980)
14a80a36_2_28.jpeg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Jeff_HR /t/311707/coming-soon-from-olive-films/60#post_3874348
[SIZE= 12px]Is it possible for Olive Films to get the release rights to Paramount's "Looking for Mr Goodbar"? I imagine that "Looking for Mr Goodbar" is DEEP[/SIZE] in Music rights HELL & that is why we have NEVER seen a release by Paramount. One can Wish...
I will be checking Olive's Internet site daily looking for a release date for "Twilight's Last Gleaming"!!!!
I really think you will see a Criterion of LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR sometime in 2012. Shout asked Paramount about the title early this year and were told a hard no. Not "sure you can have it if you can clear music rights." This is film that begs a Criterion release and I seen hints in some of their posts, but could be reading it wrong. Time will tell.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
MisterLime said:
THE GEISHA BOY
ROCK-A-BYE BABY
BOEING BOEING
THE PERFECT WEAPONhttp://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/754896/width/564/height/700
Recycling the Jerry Lewis Box art from the VHS I see.

Roger Cee

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Roger Cotillion
Olive's list is spectacular! They may have missed a few but overall they got a ton of good ones. They got TALES THAT WITNESS MADNESS but not the first of the series DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS. How could they have missed that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks