What's new

Coming from Mill Creek mid-June "Best of TV Detectives" 150 episode box (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Mine too. As soon as the sale went on I knew it would fall within the dates, and it's going to be a great, great price!

Gary "DD's sale is really a nice thing to look forward to twice a year" O.

S

silverking

Some of the Dragnet episodes listed here are a bit confusing. Not least because a number of the previous public domain issues were incorrectly titled.

The ‘Big Send-Off’ should probably be ‘The Big Sound-Off’’ .as on other PD issues. However both titles are incorrect, should be ‘The Big TV’.

‘The Big Ante’ is probably ‘The Big Hands’.

‘The Big False Make’(correct title) has also been put out as ‘The Big Confession’ or ‘The Big Fraud’. As the ‘Big Confession’ is listed separately it is probably the latter.

‘The Big Lift’ has been put out as ‘Big Housekeeping’ & ‘the Big Score’.Probably the former, as ‘The Big Score’ is listed separately.

Don’t know the ‘Big Casing’ but I suspect it is another mis-title.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Thanks for the information on the Dragnet episodes; there have been instances of episode title changes on Dragnet episodes in the past. Either it's a case of the releasing companies simply not knowing what episodes they actually have, or it may be a case of misleading the public into buying episodes that they already own. I already own most of the Dragnet episodes in this collection, so that's not the main reason for me purchasing this set. I really want to see many of the other shows that appear on this set . . . . . a good number will be for the very first time.

As good as this set is, there are a couple of omissions that, in my opinion, should have been included. There is a single episode of "Boston Blackie" that has appeared on a few public domain releases (including a released from Mill Creek's predecesor, Tree Line Films). Also, a couple of episodes from the "Peter Gunn" series have also appeared on other public domain collections. I really wish the "Dragnet" episodes had been scaled back a little to include these other shows but, perhaps, new information is available that indicates that these episodes are not PD. Who knows??? This minor complaint aside, this is an anxiously awaited set for me.

S

silverking

Yes, me too Bob.Several of these shows I have never seen.

Colonel March I remember well. I believe it will be making its first 'official' debut on DVD in the US although one episode has appeared as an extra on a disc here in the UK.

I'm also looking forward to the George Raft series 'I Am the Law', which was probably the first thing of its kind I ever saw on TV. It was produced by Lou Costello of all people & not particularly good but has that nostalgia factor.One episode turned up on the 20 Greatest Detective Shows box set released by Falcon a few years back.

I think Peter Gunn has had an official release though.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Chris, as far as I know, this set does indeed represent the U.S. debut for "Colonel March" on DVD. Too bad that it's just a single episode.

"Peter Gunn" had most of its first season released (the first 32 episodes) officially by A&E several years ago, but two first season episodes ("Let's Kill Timothy" and "The Fuse") have appeared on classic TV collections from the likes of the Platinum Disc Corporation, Diamond Entertainment, and the St. Clair Entertainment Group. Not that I need to have these two episodes again, but it would have been nice to have seen them on the Mill Creek set, especially since "Peter Gunn" was a fairly influential series for its time. The two PG episodes would have certainly have been more appropriate to include rather than two episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," which I'm still trying to understand why they are being included on a detectives box set.

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
I updated my site with a bunch of the new Alpha and Millcreek releases. Should help collectors in tracking down missing episodes. I will enventually have all the Millcreek Detectives and Westerns included.

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/

Listing:
26 Men 1957 - 1959
Adventures of Hiram Holliday, The 1956 - 1957
Adventures of Kit Carson, The 1951 - 1955 (Updated)
Code 3 1957 (NEW)
Court of Last Resort 1957 - 1958 (NEW)
Cowboy G-Men 1952 - 1953 (NEW)
Craig Kennedy, Criminologist 1952 (Updated)
Decoy 1957 (Updated)
Frontier Doctor 1958 - 1959 (NEW)
Hawkeye and the Last of the Mohicans 1957 - 1958(NEW)
Lawless Years, The 1959 - 1961 (NEW)
Lock-Up 1959 - 1961 (NEW)
Man Against Crime aka: Follow That Man 1952 - 1953 (Updated)
Man Behind the Badge 1953 - 1955
Medic 1954 - 1956 (NEW)
Michael Shayne 1960
Mr. & Mrs. North 1952 - 1954 (Updated)
Northwest Passage 1958 - 1959 (NEW)
One Step Beyond 1959 - 1961 (Updated)
Passport To Danger 1954
Racket Squad 1951 - 1953 (Updated)
Range Rider 1951 - 1953 (NEW)
Richard Diamond, Private Detective 1957 - 1960 (Updated)
Shotgun Slade (1959 - 1961) (NEW)
Third Man, The 1959 - 1965
Topper 1953 - 1955

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Brian, I too want to thank you for this invaluable resource. For those of us looking to get as many episodes as possible from the various sources, this is a great tool.

Gary "really looking forward to the Detective set" O.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I had problems trying to order this set from DeepDiscount yesterday, the first day of its release; DD kept showing it as a pre-order and wouldn't honor the 20% off code. I tried again this morning only to find that the set is now on backorder. I was able to order the set with the discount, $13.17 shipped, but I'm just going to have to wait longer to receive it. Looks like this set will be another hot seller for Mill Creek.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
And the same DD scenario here too. I wonder if they sold out at DD the first day (with no discount) or if the release date was pushed back a bit.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Ditto for me as well. I have no idea why it was pushed back, but a short delay won't bother me too much.

Gary "and getting it for such a cheap price is fantastic" O.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
June 22, I can wait. It gives me something to look Forward to! :D

The Media Meltdown is Coming!

docdoowop

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
Anyone receive a shipping notice from Deep Discount? Looks like it's still backordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks