What's new

COMBAT - The Complete First Season - How's the Quality? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
^ Same here. If anyone has bought the recent individual releases, let us know. I'm 99% that they're the same Image transfers from the previous releases.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i believe thay are the same time compressed episodes from before. season 5 was the only season that did not suffer from time compression.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Eastmancolor said:
Has anyone seen the new Image release of season one of COMBAT and if so, how's the quality? Any better than the previous releases?
It may take a while to get the info on the reissue releases since a lot of collectors had bought the original volumn releases or the box set.
kingfish said:
i believe thay are the same time compressed episodes from before. season 5 was the only season that did not suffer from time compression.
True. Although most of S1-4 are TC'ed, the good part is they're not (scene) edited.

There are a few S1-4 episodes that escaped TC.

I hoped for a remastered release using the original elements but glad to get the complete series on DVD years ago.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I'm considering buying all 5 seasons as a blind buy (either the complete season sets currently being issued by Image or the complete series set). It's really just a matter of getting the right price.

Darby

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Darby67 said:
I'm considering buying all 5 seasons as a blind buy (either the complete season sets currently being issued by Image or the complete series set). It's really just a matter of getting the right price.

Darby
Hope you get a good price soon. That complete set is historically pricey, usually averaging around $160 at Amazon although I've seen it as low as $101 in the past.

The price doesn't drop often though.

I looked at a couple of Amazon reviews so take this for what it's worth. Someone posted this about the recent S1 re-release:
This set is a repackaging of the time-compressed, syndicated version of the episodes. They run 46 to 47 minutes long each, rather than 50 min plus for the original full-length episodes. I have an advance copy and checked the running times myself.
To clarify, the TC'ed Image releases are the complete episodes (scenes).

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Darby67 said:
Combat: The Completer Series being re-released: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Combat-The-Complete-Series/18837

Darby
That was interesting when a friend mentioned that TSoD had posted that yesterday.

Even though it appears to be re-released from another studio besides Image, I don't see anything in the news post that indicates new transfers or remastering.

Part of Dave's post at TSoD:
Expected to have the same on-disc content as the 2005 release of "The Battle Box," this 40-disc set will come in a new box...

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Jeff, thank you for introducing me to Combat! I have purchased and viewed seasons 1 through 3 and I am really loving this show. Season 4 is on its way and season 5 will be purchased next pay check. Thanks again.

Darby

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks