What's new

Columbia's New TV on DVD Poll - What Show Will You Pick? (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I certainly prefer some of those shows to others. But there's not a single one on that list that I'd actually buy, so I passed.

CraigAllen

Agent
Get A Life! Get A Life! Get A Life!

This is the only show I wanted from that list. The 2 Rhino best of dvds are just not enough. I loved this show when it aired 13-14 years ago.

Come on everyone, vote for Get A Life :emoji_thumbsup:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I voted for "Jeanie", but only because my top pick wasn't there this time. The biggest disappointment is that Sony removed my absolute favorite from their list (they had it in the previous poll):

Father Knows Best

This can't be a good sign, IMHO. That they didn't even have it listed as an option probably points to their complete disdain for releasing more black & white classics. I was very disappointed with their initial wave of releases after the first polling results, and now this new poll comes out minus my favorite show in their stable.

Gary "in general I've been very happy with this year's TV show releases (Fox, WB, Image, etc.) - but Sony hasn't been on the top of my list with their releases" OS

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Don't forget to specify uncut episodes when the ask you about why you buy TV show DVDs (write it in to "other)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I also voted for Action.

Yes, "Jeannie" will be released next year (or so I've been told) when the theatrical movie comes out. At least this makes more sense than "The Simpsons" showing up on the Fox poll.

Gord

todd s

Senior HTF Member
You people are all screwed up. No one mentioned the best cop show of the 80's after Miami Vice....TJ Hooker!!!!
:D

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I was disappointed not to see what I wanted on the list but I went ahead and voted for "The Net" because I missed it when it was on tv. I wish they had a spot for listing a series not on the poll.

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
It was a tough choice, as none of my top favorites were listed. But I thought I'd heard that Jeannie was coming, so I opted for One Day at a Time. I remember it as a fun show, but one that broke ground in its day. And being reminded of it, I realized I'd buy it, and now I'm jonesing to see it again! :>

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Man I just realised Big Guy & Rusty is owned by Columbia. Man that ahow should be on DVD I have little brother who is absoloutly in love with that show.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
I almost chose Diff'rent Strokes or The Facts of Life...

...but I ended up voting for I Dream of Jeannie.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Different Strokes
Its the only one I would buy on the list.
Well maybe Jeanie and maybe the 1st 2 seasons of Facts of Life.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I voted for Get A Life.
I've got high hopes, a number of those shows from the last poll actually made it to DVD, even beyond the top 5 that Columbia announced.

I also gave Gord a plug.

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I Dream Of Jeannie! I'm gonna go crazy waiting until next year for this and my favorite--Bewitched. I really wish someone could blink or twitch these up sooner!

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I voted for the more obsure, "Fantasy Island" because its seldom rerun and I don't get TV Land. I do like "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Facts of Life", but I didn't vote for either one because I think Columbia knows that those shows do well in syndication, have a loyal fan base and these shows will probably get more votes anyway.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
It was a toss up of The Naked Truth and Ned & Stacey but I chose Ned & Stacy because I thought it was consistently funny and had a definite conclusion. I am hot for Tea Leone, but the Naked Truth changed it's storyline and characters too often thanks to a meddling network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks