What's new

Columbia to bring back Ghostbusters ? (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
This sequel has had at least as much history as Indiana Jones 4, and somehow that actually happened...

All I know is, this is my Star Wars. I'd sell every soul of every member of this entire forum to see this get made. Sorry guys. ;)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
Didn't Bill Murray already say he would not do another live action Ghostbusters?

Also Harold Ramis ... has gained a few pounds.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Money talks. Maybe they all really enjoyed working together on the game and Murray changed his mind.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Activision just isn't currently publishing the game. I think it still remains to be seen what will happen with it, but the game will be released next year one way or another. Worst case scenario is that Sony will publish the game as a PS3 exclusive. Which is fine with me but I know they'd be losing a lot of profit potential.

I'm not sure why Activision doesn't want the game, it's gotten some really good early buzz and was one of the bigger titles for the year. Perhaps, if the game industry works anything like the movie industry, they weren't happy with the deal that was in place with whomever it was they acquired?

Seems like Sony is never willing to pony up enough cash for the GB's.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

As far as I can tell, that article is over a month old. However, from other things I have read, the story that the game is cancelled has been debunked. I think the story is that the ownership has changed, but the game will still be published. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is still coming, as a matter of fact, I saw a cover story about the game, including an interview with Dan Aykroyd on a magazine in mid August.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
here's what he said.

i swear this is exactly as printed in that article, i didnt un-capitalize anything.

"yes, columbia is developing a script for GB3 with my [Year One] writing partners, gene stupnitsky and lee eisenberg. judd apatow is co-producing [Year One] and has made several other films for sony, so of course the studio is hoping to tap into some of the same acting talent. aykroyd, ivan reitman and i are consulting at this point, and according to dan, bill murray is willing to be involved on some level. he did record his dialogue for the new ghostbusters video game, as did danny and i, and ernie hudson. the concept is that the old ghostbusters would appear in the film in some mentor capacity."

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Here he is in video form;

I liked his line about "I think the wounds from Ghostbusters II have healed."

I disagree with him about the films failings though, it was bad because it was essentially a kid-friendly remake of the 1st film, following it beat for beat. There may have been more effects but it was just the difference of 5 years time, it doesn't feel any larger than the original at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks