What's new

Columbia and Harryhausen (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
...when are they gonna release all the rest of the classics from Harryhausen and others like "The Giant Behemoth"?????...I'm tired of waiting...

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
No word yet, John. At least nothing that I've seen. I'm anxiously awaiting Clash of the Titans to be announced, although I like the other Harryhausen movies as well.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and CLASH OF THE TITANS are Warner Bros. property. They may see fit to release them eventually. The M.I.A. Columbia titles are: EARTH VS. FLYING SAUCERS; IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA; 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH; THREE WORLDS OF GULLIVER; MYSTERIOUS ISLAND and FIRST MEN IN THE MOON. The Columbia chat on this site some time ago indicated more Harryhausen titles were planned, but so far this has not come to fruition.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
One of the titles I've been waiting for the most is Valley of the Gwangi.
With all the "dino-mania" that we've had over the last few years or so, it's difficult to comprehend why this disc is still on the shelf.

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Yes,
We must have more of Mr. Harryhausen's films released on DVD! I would waste no time purchasing titles such as 20 Million Miles to Earth, Earth Vs the Flying Saucers, and *especially* First Men in the Moon. Hopefully any studios who own the rights to these movies realize that there's a large number of fans who understand that Ray Harryhausen is a living legend and that all of his films deserve to be released on DVD...hopefully in the near future.
John
------------------
Release Fearless Vampire Killers on DVD!

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
I believe last year (or early this year) Columbia said more Harryhausen would be out in 2001...so, maybe December? We'll see.
Jim
patriot.gif

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Having grown up with this stuff, I'll certainly be buying the Columbia titles if they ever emerge...

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
MYSTERIOUS ISLAND is one of my most eagerly wanted DVD. After the (mostly) excellent job Columbia did on the Sinbad trilogy and Jason & The Argonauts, it's been a painfully long wait.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Double features would be a nice idea for these. Although a full blown SE of MYSTERIOUS ISLAND would be so ...
cool.gif

[Edited last by Jim_K on September 25, 2001 at 09:19 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks