What's new

Color Laser printer (1 Viewer)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
I have been thinking of buying a color laser printer for my office. I do alot of color printing and I'm thinking a laser printer would look more professional and (hopefully) be faster. I was even thinking of getting a duplexer for 2 sided printing. I'm hopeful I can spend less than $800 - but I could go higher for the right printer.

Trouble is - nobody has them on display. (At least not in the thriving metropolis of Port Charlotte) Where I used to work five years ago we had a color laser - thing STANK like melted crayons when it ran and it took several minutes to warm up. If they all are like that - no thanks.

What experience do you have w color laser printers? Cheaper - Faster - than dotties? Stinky still? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for your input.

E

Eric Kahn

your old color "laser" was actually a wax deposit printer, probably a tectronix phaser or the IBM equivilent.
I have an older color laser at my house (bought it used, lexmark optra 1275 SC)

color laser is the way to go if you are not printing photo quality pictures, they are way cheaper than inkjets in the long run. colored text and charts will be superb, pictures will look good, just not quite photo quality.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
yeah, it is mostly charts n stuff. Any pictures are incidental to the text arend them - brochure style stuff.

I never hear of wax printers. Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks