What's new

Cold Case 09/28/03 Series Premiere (1 Viewer)

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Definitely continuing the trend towards strong, super-competent women in law enforcement roles, with one to check in (Karen Sisco).

Kathryn Morris plays a Philly homicide detective who gets stuck with a 27 year old case. I liked her approach to investigation, which was kind of like Columbo's approach. Being a good-looking, non-threatening woman, she can coax witnesses to talk. The guilty party will soon learn about her tenacity, however. She keeps coming back with more questions, and eventually smokes out the guilty.

I think Cold Case is a good addition to the Bruckenheimer police procedural empire.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I liked this one too. Kathryn Morris is really good in it, and even if the mystery wasn't the strongest, it was still a pretty enjoyable watch. Also, how much is shot on location in Philadelphia? It's got the same authentic look as Law & Order.

I was kind of surprised at some of the content, though - I wasn't aware Standards & Practices were allowing "bitch", "asshole", and flipping the bird during the 8pm hour, on CBS no less.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
It was okay. I liked it, but the mystery was so damn obvious and so damn easy to solve that it seems unlikely that it wouldn't have been solved 27 years earlier.

And did I miss something? What, exactly, did the maid who came forward contribute to the investigation? She said she saw a murder, but what information did she give that they didn't already have?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I guess that this made it definitive that Jill was killed at the party, meaning there was no way for the influential family to deflect it to someone else or hide. But, yeah, I didn't see any reason why it wasn't solved in 1976.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
Was the episode based on the Skagal/Martha Moxley case? The similarites are uncanny with the names changed, of course.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
And did I miss something? What, exactly, did the maid who came forward contribute to the investigation? She said she saw a murder, but what information did she give that they didn't already have?
After 27 years she got soemone to take another look at the case, after all they have a whole bunch of unsolved cases collecting dust.

The reason it was solved this time around was that the key people involved were willing to talk more than they were back then and the family's power and influence wasnt quite as strong as it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks