What's new

Code Red DVD (distributor of cult, horror and obscure films) (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Very satisfied with the picture quality of Ghostkeeper (1981). Like that frosty look on the camera (if 'frosty' isn't the correct descriptive word, then as a comparison I would say Dead and Buried (1981) has a similar look).

The next Code Red titles, and like Ghostkeeper will be made available via PayPal and Code Red's website, will be (subject to change):

The Babysitter (1969) / The Topless Story (1966) double feature
The Severed Arm (1973) / So Sad About Gloria (1975) Maria's 'B' Movie Mayhem double feature
Blood Mania (1970) / Land of the Minotaur (1976).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The latest Code Red titles made available to buy this past week, on Code Red DVD's new web store:

The Babysitter (1969) / The Topless Story (1966) double feature
The Severed Arm (1973) / So Sad About Gloria (1975) Maria's 'B' Movie Mayhem double feature
Blood Mania (1970) / Land of the Minotaur (1976) Maria's 'B' Movie Mayhem double feature
The People Who Own the Dark (1976).

Code Red DVD Web Store

Their web store is fairly straightforward to navigate. The above titles are a limited edition of 400-500 units each, with the exception of Blood Mania / Land of the Minotaur, which is a limited edition of 300 units (source: AV Maniacs).

Ghostkeeper (1981) is also available from Code Red DVD's web store.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I did, and I received an apology.Once I got that I deleted it. I don't want my reaction to his response to come off as me venting, which it probably was, as that would just add fuel to the anger he has been getting of late. I'm usually a nice guy but I do get agitated when I'm talked to in a way that seems inappropriate and unwarranted. I guess I really am Mr. Manners after all..thanks Mom. I realized that by showing my anger I was really just venting and in turn was just venting to the wrong people...basically what happened to me. Henceforth, I don't want to continue any cycle. I accept the apology and am happy to report that both titles are in fact Widescreen. Very excited to see them in that ratio. I will give a second chance and allow this a mulligan as I really do want that title :)
I guess that CodeRed is getting more hate mail than usual from some really mean people. I can understand his frustration, but for the sake of his fans, he should keep a lot of the comments to himself. It is a much better business strategy to keep what you really think behind closed doors. I for one work at a grocery store where many of my customers are rude and nasty. I tell my other coworkers that the customers stink. I don't go and actually tell the customers they stink. I truly do love their product. I just wish they could try and ignore the negative comments. We all know they make a good product. No matter what business you are in, there will always been negative people or "trolls." For everybody's sake, I'd say we do our best to ignore the negative and take the good criticism and use it to be ever better. But, if he really does want to show his frustration, its probably best to do it the people that are being negative, not the paying customers :)

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Went to go and order all four new titles and severed arm/So Sad about Gloria is no longer listed. I hope I wasn't too late to order I literally found out about these two days ago! i just wanted to see how much my car insurance was going to go up before i bought them. Awww man.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Code Red was only pressing 3 or 400 copies of each title so it's possible SO SAD ABOUT GLORIA may already be sold out. I never take chances with this company and order the stuff I want as soon as they're up for sale. Uncut or not, I'm glad I have added this to my collection.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Retribution: 25th Anniversary Edition (1987) is now available to buy on Code Red DVD's web store.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

WadeM

Supporting Actor
If He Hollers Let Him Go (Kevin McCarthy/Dana Wynters), Devil's Three (3rd film in Cleopatra Wong series), Changes (Tim Buckley soundtrack), Heated Vengeance, Sinner's Blood have all been recently released.
If He Hollers, Let Him Go is a fun film that reunites Invasion of the Body Snatchers stars McCarthy and Wynters, with McCarthy playing a bad guy.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I ordered some DVDs off the Code Red site but never received any confirmation from them nor any answer to my email. This is my first time ordering from the site and I don't know how long it usually takes for the items to arrive. Do they typically send any sort of confirmation?

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
No. You got a confirmation of payment from Paypal, right? If you're in the US, you'll have them by Monday (unless Bill is busy or USPS screws up).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
They're fast and reliable. Recent highlights from Code Red are THE POLICE CONNECTION, EVILSPEAK, and SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT (paired with INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks