1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Cocktail and Peters friends + 80"s films etc

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Coleman, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Mark Coleman

Mark Coleman Extra

My wife wants to know any plans to release Cocktail or Peters friends on Region 1 in the near future, other contenders would be Pretty in pink and Some kind of wonderful, can't believe Cocktail hasn't been done yet. On a male note anyone looking foward to First Blood on DVD and how can DTS/5.1 be any good on an originally mono film.

2. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Hello Mark,

I can't say when those titles your wife was asking about will be released personally, I haven't heard a thing yet. In terms of a 5.1 track on an originally mono film I would say that it could sound great if they have good source materials to work with. An excellant example of this would be the re-mix Warner did on the originol "Dirty Harry", mono when it first came out but the 5.1 was very good and natural sounding. I'm quite curious to check First Blood out myself when it comes out.

3. Jodee

Jodee Screenwriter

Cocktail is supposed to come out on August 13th.

4. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I'd really like Peter's Friends... who owns the rights in the US?

Dan