1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Coastal Maine and Boston

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Scott Merryfield, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Last week my wife and I spent four nights in the Bar Harbor / Acadia N.P. area, two nights in Boothbay Harbor, and two nights in Boston. The weather wasn't very good in Maine, with mostly dark, dreary skies. So, my landscape shots there were not quite what I hoped for. Here are some of my favorite shots. You can see more here.

Acadia N.P.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boothbay Harbor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Boston
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Well-Known Member

Very nice, Scott. I especially like the sailboats in the mist - very dream-like (though I would definitely crop out the black bars across the bottom.

Looks like you had the same weather I had in New Brunswick.

I might also crop out the boats and horizon on the whale tail (nice capture there).

Jon

3. Scott Merryfield

Supporter

Jon,

Thanks. I do need to crop the misty sailboat shot, as you mentioned. I already straightened the horizon on the whale photo, but liked the boats in the distance so I left them.

How's this for the sailboats?

[​IMG]

4. Don Solosan

Don Solosan Well-Known Member

Scott, I think that slight crop on the sailboats in the mist is an improvement. I also like that red sky over Boston.