What's new

COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER is coming! Other Apted news...including SEs of Enigma & Enough! (2 Viewers)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I love Coal Miner's Daughter too, and if I had a husband who insisted on Mistying it instead of just leaving me alone to watch it in peace, he wouldn't BE my husband for very frigging long. Luckily my husband is polite and lets me watch movies I love that he doesn't without interjecting his own opinion.
Um, that was a joke. :rolleyes:Ever warn your spouse you are going to do something just to tease them? We both do it to each other all of the time, but we have compatible senses of humor.
We just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary and are very supportive of each other.
I'll use LOTS of smilies next time to assist the humor-impaired. ;) ;) ;)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I will be the first in line to buy 3 Women if it ever comes out. My copy was taped on VHS from the A&E channel with commercials, and was edited for length. I've never seen the whole movie or OAR.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
whether from concerts, any music videos she might have done during that era, or just from TV show appearances on like "Hee-Haw", "Good Ole Nashville Music", or whatever). It would be great for purchasers of this disc to be able to compare the film's version of the star to the real deal, and see just how accurately they managed to reflect Lynn herself.
I agree with this. I met Loretta Lynn once after a concert (I was at the show more by happenstance than design) and she's just as nice as you could imagine. It's common for her to come out after shows to meet fans and sign autographs, just as it's common for fans to give her flowers and gifts. I'd love to see her involved very closely with this DVD.

Btw, if you get Bravo, Sissy Spacek will be the guest on "Inside the Actor's Studio" the 6th of October (7:00pm and repeated at 11:00pm Central time). I don't know how old it is. I'm sure she'll talk about Coal Miner's Daughter.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I love Sissy & "Coal Miner's Daughter"! A commentary my Sissy is a must, & I'm hoping maybe they can get Loretta to help with the commentary. I certainly think that Sissy earned her Oscar on this film. It was a great acting job & she sang pretty well too. It is certainly about time that we get this film on DVD!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
May 6, according to DVDFile today!
, Come September, Duel at Silver Creek, Electric Horseman, 1953's Law and Order (not to be confused with the television series), Night Passage, a new special edition of the Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin thriller Sea of Love, Two Mules for Sister Sara, and double features of Bend Of The River and The Far Country, The Rare Breed and The Redhead From Wyoming, and Destry Rides Again and Winchester '73. Retail is $19.95 each, including the double feature discs.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I love this movie. (I don't post in threads about movies i dont like, because i don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just me). My only complaint about this film was i thought i had tired of it after it played so often on cable. I caught it on TCM recently, and enjoyed it all over again.
Can't wait.
Great news.
:emoji_thumbsup:

TimJS

Second Unit
He recently completed work on Thunderheart, a 1992 mystery set on an Indian reservation starring Val Kilmer and Sam Shepard, which will contain deleted scenes and a commentary
This is the big news IMHO, any word on the release date?

Definitely want at least the first three 'Ups' boxed. Wonder how much footage of the "7-year-olds" we'll see in '63-UP'.

Tim

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I am not a big Loretta Lynn fan (though my partner idolizes her), I have to admit that this was one of the better "biography" adaptations of a well known person. Sissy lives in Charlottesville, VA which is just up the road from me. Her roots are as country as the person she portayed which is what makes it even more convincing.

Now if we can get "Lady Sings The Blues" which was, to me, a underrated movie in which Diana Ross plays the legend blues singer Billie Holiday.

Larry Bevil

Second Unit
I also have Coal Miner's Daughter on the old Discovision laserdisc. The video quality of that disc is quite bad. So, I am looking forward to the DVD. I also agree that Sissy Spacek and Tommy Lee Jones did an outstanding job in the movie. I can't recall if Beverly D'Angelo used her own voice to mimic Patsy Cline or not. If she did, then she ranks right up there too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
I can't recall if Beverly D'Angelo used her own voice to mimic Patsy Cline or not. If she did, then she ranks right up there too.
She sure did. In fact, there's a screen credit at the end saying all songs were sung by Sissy Spacek and Beverly D'Angelo. When I saw the film in 1980 at a pre-release preview, that credit line got a round of applause.

--Bill

JasonST

Auditioning
On Loretta Lynn's offical website it says that she was to record an interview segment on Jan. 30th. Also says interview segments were done with Sissy Spacek & Tommy Lee Jones for the dvd.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is there no mention of a running audio commentary? This DVD really needs to have an audio commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks