What's new

cnt get surround sound working on samsung (1 Viewer)

Adie

Auditioning
Real Name
adrian
ive just bought a samsung ue46es5500kxxu 46 inch led tv with samsung ht-d4500 5.1blue ray home entertainment system but cant get surround sound through my tv either for normal tv or my tivo box,ive got hdmi cables and optical cable but cant work it out.what do i need to do in order to get surround sound.also ive noticed that only certain speakers work when i pllay somethin on the dvd,but when i did a sound test all the speakers worked,what am i doin wrong?

Eddie W.

Stunt Coordinator
Most (if not all) TV's will only pass a surround signal if you're using the internal tuner via antenna. If you feed it optical in from the Tivo & then pass it back to the receiver, it will only be 2 channel stereo. What you need to do is bypass the TV and hook the Tivo's audio directly into the receiver via optical.
The Blu Ray should be passing audio correctly since it's built in. Keep in mind that surround sound is NOT all speakers playing the same sounds at once. Depending on the source, there could be very little rear speaker activity. They usually only kick in when there's supposed to be something behind you in the sound field.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks