What's new

Cloud Atlas (2012) (1 Viewer)

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
It is a huge shame that Cloud Atlas was completely ignored by the academy for this years awards. That being said, I'm sure many of us have had their beefs with the academy over the years for our personal favourites being snubbed. Cloud Atlas was nominated for absolutely nothing. Not score, not editing - nothing. Those two categories at the very least should have been obvious. So this will be my first oscar year when I am totally disgusted. The first year where I truly believed in a film. Whether you like this film or not, you have to admire it's scope, and how it was made. It's attempt at doing something fresh, deep and fairly new. This sort of thing doesn't come along often, and when it does and is thoroughly snubbed...well, you really wonder about the people who vote on these films. Maybe the studio didn't do its proper job of getting it seen. Maybe that it was financed and made almost completely out of the hollywood circle, or any countless number of things could explain it. This is the kind of film that for me, sticks in my personal top ten forever. I am really looking forward to seeing it on Blu.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Saw this earlier in the week, and I was blown away by the sheer scope of the movie as I had not seen anything before. As Chuck mentioned, the score was amazing and reminded me of Daft Punk very much. I would probably have to see it again. Tom Hanks and Halle Berry especially were outstanding

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks