What's new

'CLICK' with Adam Sandler looks hilarious! (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just saw a few weekends ago.

well, the problem (imho) is that the "wonderful life" rip off is a bit much towards the end. the funny was absent for a good 1/2 hour so it can become "serious". that really destroys the flow, pace, and tone of the entire movie. it is sorta' like 2 films slapped into one or 1 film trying to become another or any other analogy you want.

i go into sandler movies to get a laugh off of his SNL skits (which these films are essentially w/multiple guest "stars"), not to watch any serious drama. and yesh i've seen punch-drunk-love, the guy doesn't have any drama bone in him. he's always resorting to the anger thing in anger management. he's created a brand that he's happy to continue to manufacture again and again. but to try and deviate from that... forget it.

but yesh, kate b. running around in sleepware is A++!

Al_S

Second Unit
This movie was the funniest movie I've seen in some time. It was silly frat humor but it still made me laugh out loud. I think this is the best Adam Sandler movie yet.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Saw it tonight, and how could a thread about this movie in a Home Theater Forum not mention this joke out of all of them?

Kevin: O'Doyle: What kind of stereo do you have?
Michael: I don't know, Kevin, I never checked.
Kevin: Well my dad's stereo is a Bose.
Michael: WHAT? YOUR DAD'S STEREO BLOWS? KEVIN'S DAD'S STEREO BLOWS!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

When Michael "woke up" in Bed, Bath and Beyond, it really took me out of the movie because I was thinking, "Oh, no, it's not just a fucking dream. NO!!!" The appearance of the remote again mostly redeemed the ending, but I hated how he just "woke up" in the store after everything that happened with the remote. I liked basically everything else about the movie, but that part of the ending really killed my hugely positive thoughts about the movie up until that point.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lol, that's awesome. i had a nice chuckle from that... but the audience didn't get it. HAHAHAH, that's why i laughed louder when the audience didn't laugh. everyone was looking at me like i was crazy.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
One thing that I noticed in this film was...

The Freedom towers were in the New York skyline when his son is getting married in the future and Sandler's character has the heart attack.

Very beautiful backdrop to a wonderfully suprising movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks