What's new

Clerks X-MIA in Canada? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks Tom. So it's not a keepcase after all. Wonder what the delay was? Probably just a delay at the printer or disc maker...i.e. if the discs are made in Canada, as often happens for Canadian releases, and there is only so much manufacturing capability here, I can see a *certain* release eating up a lot of the capability over the last little while.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So has anyone gotten a copy of the AA version yet? I'm really curious to see what the differences in content are. If all the stuff from the US release is there, then I'd gladly get this cheaper disc before importing.

Dom

Stunt Coordinator
Alliance Atlantis = no sale, will have to order from amazon.com.

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator

Canada is still getting Clerks X. The DVD is just being distributed by an unreliable, undependable, inept company known to Canadians as the notorious Alliance Atlantis. So that is why there is uncertainty and distrust surrounding the release of this DVD and also due to the fact that Clerks X was delayed for awhile.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
James: did you get a chance to compare the listed content with that for the U.S. version? Thanks. I didn't seen the disc around here today, will try farther afield tomorrow.

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Only Alliance Atlantis would list "French Language Track" as a "feature"...

I think AA have screwed the pooch yet again, this time with distribution. Today I visited:

Zellers: No sign of it.
Rogers Video: They had it listed as being out today but received no copies, not even to rent.
WalMart: Had no knowledge of it whatsoever.
Blockbuster: Are expecting *ONE* copy next week sometime.

ONLY place I found it here in Edmonton was at HMV. $29.99. The HMV at West Edmonton Mall had 45 copies when I spoke to them at around 2:30pm Tuesday. I wound up going to Kingsway Mall which is nearer to me and picked mine up.

Anyone got any questions they want answered? This is the first time I've got a DVD on release day:)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

Yeah-are the features etc all there from the US version (see the review thread or the very detailed review at newsaskew.com etc for more details).

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator

Such a petty question, but...
Is the spine bilingual?

Also, how is the packaging as a whole?
I'm also curious if the features are the exact same as the U.S. release, as was asked above me.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ I just received mine from dvdsoon.com. No, the spine is NOT bilingual.

As for extras, a quick comparison of the specs listed on the back cover shows that EVERYTHING from the US version is in the Canadian version too. The only difference is the ADDITION of a French language track. Nothing seems to be missing.

EDIT: I spoke too soon, I must have been sleepy because there is a small blurb in French on the back. Sorry for the disappointment :frowning: But still no French on the spine :) I triple checked this time.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ Marc, made some slight edit to my previous post. I think I must be sleepy when I posted. :b Sorry for any misinformation.

As for French INSIDE the package, the scene listings has French written in smaller font. There's also some French on the disc art (in the same style as shown on the cover).

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Well I see I have nothing to respond too:)

The packaging is pretty good. I like it. I'm looking at my DVD's and trying to pick one it's similar too. Probably the extended LOTR movies, the X Men Collection etc... Seems pretty sturdy actually.

Only complaint I have, and it's very minor, is the way the package is folded it's a hell of a fight to get the booklet back in it's little cardboard hole as there's a ridge in it where the package is glued.

Definitely not the worst packaging I own (that award goes too either Memento Ltd Edition or the Pearl Harbor four disker.)

Given the fact it's a month late in Canada, I'd really like to know exactly WHY it took this long.

I did order the US version from Amazon, but they screwed me:frowning:

Oh yeah, compare to the US and Canadian versions with their respective pictures from Amazon. (Well you already have the Canadian one here.) Would have been nice if we'd had a clean cover like the US version.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
It looks like a pretty decent set, unopened. What is frightening, considering it's from AA, is that there's not a note on the package re the AR or the sound format...I guess somebody's checked??

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
Can't say for sure the AR.

As for sound, there's three tracks. A 5.1 for the movie, a 2.0 for the commentary, and who really cares about the French one:)

Eric_B_C

Stunt Coordinator
All the techy info they usually include on the back is on the inside of the disk packaging. (AA's fault, or is the US version like that?)

Anyway, just to answer the question, 1.85:1 is the listed ratio.

DAMN those MTV shorts are funny:)

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator

No worries at all. The spine is an odd concern of mine, so I'm glad to hear it's just the one title on it. And that the extras appear all there.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
After all the waiting and whining, I think this turned out very very well. I'm pretty pleased with this set, could possibly be the (DVD) entertainment bargain of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks