What's new

CLEOPATRA Region Free BRD (1 Viewer)

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Checkout the WSS thread here where they conclude Fox did the mastering on MGM titles. They certainly do the authoring.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Go to IMbd CLEOPATRA forum there is a thread for a new 2012 bluray trailer for the bluray on youtube stating a Feb release.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Here's a direct link to the Blu-ray trailer!!

"Celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Celebrate Elizabeth Taylor. CELEBRATE CLEOPATRA."
Bring it on!! I can't wait!:D

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by trajan /t/315158/cleopatra-rumor/60#post_3885471
Go to IMbd CLEOPATRA forum there is a thread for a new 2012 bluray trailer for the bluray on youtube stating a Feb release.
Well we know that it is going to be released in Europe in February. I just wish we could get a US date.

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
Andrew Budgell said:
Here's a direct link to the Blu-ray trailer!!

"Celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Celebrate Elizabeth Taylor. CELEBRATE CLEOPATRA."
Bring it on!! I can't wait!:D
Wrong aspect ratio.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
ShowsOn said:
Wrong aspect ratio.
Yeah, but we know the Blu-ray will be the correct aspect ratio. This makes it official, I see there's a shot of the book in the packshot.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
ShowsOn said:
Wrong aspect ratio.
Hard to see on the image below but it's 2.20.
37c0123c_cleopatra.jpeg

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Mark Collins said:
So when do I get to order the movie, because i still do not see a USA release by Fox.
I ordered it from Amazon UK after noting that it appears to be regions A, B, and C as shown in the picture of the back side of the package in this thread.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I've gotten word that Fox won't release "Cleopatra" in the US until later this year or even early 2013 (the actual 50th anniversary). No more missing footage has been found, but they are considering more extras and deluxe packaging.
I'm keeping my pre-order because I really can't wait much longer for my favourite film on Blu. If there's a more deluxe package later this year or next year, then I'll consider buying that, too.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Andrew Budgell /t/315158/cleopatra-rumor/90#post_3888907
I've gotten word that Fox won't release "Cleopatra" in the US until later this year or even early 2013 (the actual 50th anniversary). No more missing footage has been found, but they are considering more extras and deluxe packaging.
I'm keeping my pre-order because I really can't wait much longer for my favourite film on Blu. If there's a more deluxe package later this year or next year, then I'll consider buying that, too.
Well, that's just not right. With Fox, they always seem to release titles in the UK before they get here. I don't see any reason they cannot be released at the same time.

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
ahollis said:
Well, that's just not right. 

Do you mean that it is factually incorrect or that you disagree with the decision?
As for myself, I ordered the UK version. I don't see a big downside to this since I believe it will be the same version of the film. Larger sales in the UK will stimulate Fox to move on releasing it here.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by rsmithjr /t/315158/cleopatra-rumor/90#post_3888968
Do you mean that it is factually incorrect or that you disagree with the decision?
As for myself, I ordered the UK version. I don't see a big downside to this since I believe it will be the same version of the film. Larger sales in the UK will stimulate Fox to move on releasing it here.
Disagree with the decision. I will more than likely order from the UK also. Not sure about your thought that larger sales in the UK will stimulate the move to an earlier releasing here. Fox does what the think is right. They almost might be holding off since Universal and Paramount have classic titles out every month this year and they do not wish to enter the fight for Blu-ray dollars. But that is just a thought.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Andrew Budgell said:
It looks absolutely breathtaking!
Ha, I don't like it! The picture is so much sharper, but far, far too cool for my liking, just look at pictures 6 & 8. Whatever happened to the rich reds from 6, & 8, Cleo's entry into Rome looks downright faded to me. Did they shoot the scene in Manchester in November?

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Billy Batson said:
Ha, I don't like it! The picture is so much sharper, but far, far too cool for my liking, just look at pictures 6 & 8. Whatever happened to the rich reds from 6, & 8, Cleo's entry into Rome looks downright faded to me. Did they shoot the scene in Manchester in November?
When I saw the film broadcast in HD recently, there did appear to be a slight drop in quality right around that scene; might have been my imagination, but that was my impression.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'd like to hear what Mr Harris has to say. Although he always warns us not to go by the screen caps, I'd still like to know what he thinks of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks