What's new

Cleaning indivdual LCD panels...NOT the screen (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Hello again, everyone!

I have a Ben-Q GP-1 Joybe projector that works like a million damn dollars. Thing is, I smoke and I am using this projector in a very closed environ. Thus, I think that the LCD 's are probably covered with a fair bit of nicotineas the light output seems to have diminished and the "red" is a bit over saturated.

Solutions anyone? (Besides quitting smoking)

Thanks in advance

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Scooter! Welcome home! :welcome:

I hope you don't mind we had the place re-decorated while you were gone! :biggrin:

I hope all is well with you. Your ears should have been burning a few months ago. Someone started a thread wondering how you were.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Not to lecture you, but here's a little story.

My grandmother smoked about two packs a day, inside the house. When my grandparents passed away, I semi-inherited the house and have been living in it for almost 17 years.

For the first ten, I had to wash the walls, windows, even metal screens several times a year because this brownish-orange stuff would ooze out of them continually. Tar, nicotine or whatever other chemicals in cigarettes had literally been absorbed into things and then started flowing out.

It's your choice and people should be allowed to do what they want. Just a heads up on what you're putting into your body.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Hiya Mike...I like what ya'll have done with the place. Can you link me to the post you referred to?

As for a local store....given the right info I trust myself to do this more than a shop out of the blue. I am recent transplant to Texas and still learning the lay of the land. In the DFW area. LOVE it here!!!

If there is a guide or site that details this...I'd love to see it. I had Googled the topic, but all I saw was for the screens, not the LCD's themselves.

EDITED TO ADD: Dave, I regret not mentioning you in my comment re: local store. I appreciate the advice.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scooter said:
Hiya Mike...I like what ya'll have done with the place. Can you link me to the post you referred to?
I wish i could. I went looking for it when I saw that you had popped up here. But I'm still getting used to the new search function and wasn't able to pull it up. Sorry.

By the way, I think there's a pretty active HTF group in the D-FW area. You may want to put out some feelers in the local "meet" forum if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks