What's new

Clash of the Titans (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard about this title being released? This is one of those titles many people forgot about and it's been years since I've seen it.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Nobody knows anything yet on a DVD release. I was fortunate to find the WS Laserdisc on half.com last week so it's not that big of a deal to me anymore. The picture on the LD leaves something to be desired but it's viewable.
This film is now owned by Warner and it could be never when this gets to DVD. It needs some serious restoration work.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Then this title should be brought up on the coming chat with WB! It's an awesome film, and I would kill to own it on DVD!!!
Yes...KILL!!!!!
angry.gif

:)
------------------
DAVE/Memphis

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I think this is a title W.B. will actually do, eventually. It would be nice if they came out with a one-two-three-punch with all their Harryhausen titles (CLASH, BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS, VALLEY OF GWANGI) they way they did with three of the George Pal titles. Make a nice box set, too.

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
Warner owns the rights now? Great! I'd love a Pan and Scan version on DVD!! It'll look great on the soon to be mine widescreen TV all stretched out so that Perseus looks like he could stand to lose a few pounds. Hope it won't be petition time all over again...

William Ward

Supporting Actor
This film has a couple breasts and a rear end which I don't think Warner will want on their Family label. Too many gullible, lawsuit throwing, lazy, conservative parents would really raise a stink if a "family film" showed a boob or two.
Besides, I'd rather them do it right then rush a laserdisc port to DVD.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs
[Edited last by William Ward on August 26, 2001 at 09:55 PM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This film has a couple breasts and a rear end which I don't think Warner will want on their Family label. Too many gullible, lawsuit throwing, lazy, conservative parents would really raise a stink if a "family film" showed a boob or two.
What about the boobs shown in the P&S'ed WB "family" film National Lampoon's Vacation? The shower scene with Beverly D'Angelo (and dressing right after), and the pool scenes later with Christie Brinkley and then Beverly.
How about the little girl on the see-saw who talks about french-kissing her daddy?
I love this film, but it t'ain't no "family" picture! It's more for middle school on up, if you ask me. Mature-type jokes that need...whad'ya'callit?...P)arental G)uidance. :)
Maybe I'm just getting conservative in my old age....
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

William Ward

Supporting Actor
tongue.gif
I was trying to keep some sense of hope that this film wouldn't be in danger of Warner's "Family treatment."
eek.gif

wink.gif

------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
There is a thread running in the studio feedback section of this forum to petition warner to release this film in a SE WS OAR format. You may want to add your posts to it to lend support. Last I checked there were only about 30 posts or so.
[Edited last by Sean Oneil on August 27, 2001 at 03:28 AM]

Mike Friedrich

Stunt Coordinator
~ David..., you wouldn't hurt me for my LD copy would you now ?
This is one of the first WS Ld's I got through the Columbia House Club reward plan [sign up a friend get a disc for a $1 + sh/tx] back in the early 90's, scary.
bodymov'n
cool.gif

------------------

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Too many gullible, lawsuit throwing, lazy, conservative parents would really raise a stink if a "family film" showed a boob or two.
Was this comment really neccesary? Are you trying to insult the many conservatives that frequent this forum?
It's a compete BS stereotype. There are just as many Liberal would-be censors out there as Conservative and I have NEVER heard of anyone complain about this movie. ANyone that complains about this film needs to take a pill.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks