What's new

Citizen Ruth: OAR? (1 Viewer)

John Stone

Supporting Actor
I was about to pull the trigger on this week's order, when I realized that "Citizen Ruth" doesn't have aspect ratio specs anywhere that I could find. Since this is a Disney release, I'm understandably worried. Does anyone know if this release will be OAR and 16x9 enhanced? Thanks.

--rant--
Oh, and damn you Disney! It's bad enough that you think so little of your films that they are released MAR (some recent releases are, surprisingly, in the correct widescreen aspect ratio, but thay are nothing more than lazy, non-anamorphic LD ports--"The Ref", anyone?). Disney, could you at least release the specs to retailers in advance so we don't have to play silly guessing games? Studio of the year my ass. :angry:
--end rant--

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Randy, thanks! I missed that back cover. It would be so much easier if Disney would just release the specs.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
It would be so much easier if Disney would just release the specs.
For what it's worth, Buena Vista Home Entertainment did release the complete specs in a press release dated March 18. Retailers and sites posting that information is another matter.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
For what it's worth, Buena Vista Home Entertainment did release the complete specs in a press release dated March 18.
Well poo on me, I'm usually better at researching before I post. This news, plus the commentary(!), really takes the fire out of my rant. Don't I feel silly. :b I guess I'm still smarting from some of Disney's recent releases. Anyway, thanks again.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Don't I feel silly.
Hey, all bets are off with Disney/BVHE. Who would have guessed, for example, that a low-profile film like "Stepfather 2" would get an anamorphic-widescreen presentation, a great filmmakers' commentary and a whopping half-hour's worth of alternate/deleted scenes for a budget price?

Guy_K

Second Unit
Kind of off topic, but is this a good blind buy, or just rental material?

Is it similar at all to Payne's other two films?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks