What's new

Cinderella Man gift set recalled? (1 Viewer)

donnie_d

Stunt Coordinator
i dunno if you guys noticed this already but many online retailers are reporting that the Cinderella Man gift set is no longer available.i would post links but i can't since iam still behind 15 posts.but you can check amazon.com or B&N website to make sure.

so you guys have any clue?:frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Maybe because the discs don't play. That seems to be a problem with Universal. It would be news if they admitted to it, and did something about it.

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
My guess for the recall is Universal wants to sell the (Gift Edition) of Cinderella Man after the award session.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'm asking around... it would be good to know for sure before I post a review of it.

- Steve

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Damn it. That's the one I wanted. Don't want to have to wait until after awards season to get it.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

ME TOO!!! GRRRRRR

Maybe a few will slip through the cracks, will be at BB right when they open just in case.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
still up preorder at deepdiscount, dvdempire, and dvdplanet.
whether it ships is a different story.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
This same thing happened with THE BIG LEBOWSKI: Achiever's Edition Gift Set but when DVD-release Tuesday came, all the stores had them; it also happened with THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION: Limited Edition boxed set with book and soundtrack CD and when DVD-release Tuesday came, none of the stores had them. LEBOWSKI and CINDERELLA MAN are both Universal, whereas SHAWSHANK is Warners, so I put the odds 60-40 in our favor that it will come out properly on Tuesday.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I have a screener, but it is not final product. I am anxious to see how it turns out for sure, but as it stands the extra disc is 2:21 of extra material, and it's good. I am working on the review right now and will post it this afternoon.

As for Lebowski and Shawshank, I found ample quantities of both in store. The swag in the Lebowski box did nothing for me, but I picked up a couple of Shawshank.

I suspect that production capacity is just about maxed out this time of year, and that select titles--including this Cinderella Man limited edition--are being short-shipped. That would account for Amazon not putting it up for sale, if they don't have enough on-hand, or if their wholesale order was not fulfilled.

- Steve

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
The 2 disc edition is listed in the Sunday Flyers for Best Buy and Circuit City in addition to the reguler edition. So there should be plenty to go around even at that high price which is almost double the cost for the single disc set.
Best
Greg

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
Originally posted by Steve Tannehill:
As for Lebowski and Shawshank, I found ample quantities of both in store.

I thought it was common knowledge that the Limited Edition of THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION was cancelled the week of release (similar to what happened with the original version of the BATMAN BEGINS: Deluxe Edition with comic book), so if you found one the week of release, great, so did I, because of whatever the retailers managed to receive before the axe came down, but it was allegedly nigh impossible to find anywhere after that first week and hasn't been made available for reorder since.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Shawshank may have been limited to what was in-store, but I found a stash and as I recall it was not even the first week of release. And yes, I am talking about the one with the BFI Modern Classics book. And I even bought two of them...

- Steve

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I'm not sure what we're hashing out here--are you arguing that THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION: Limited Edition was in ample supply for the majority of Region 1 consumers after the first week of release, or just explaining your uncustomary good fortune finding the title?

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Looks like the rumors are true.

DVD Pacific are pretty good at removing something from their site quickly when there's none to be had & guess what...

...it's been removed from their site!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I don't much like the look of the packaging of the discs: that overlapping thing, especially if a DVD-18 is involved. There are better ways of doing this, but none any *cheaper* I suppose. It's not like they're not charging enough...

amazon.ca still has this up, too expensive for me, too much other stuff to get. IIRC their price is comparable to what amazon.com had it up for.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
For anyone left who cares, this title HAS been released (the date of release, here in Tulsa, OK, the southside Best Buy had approximately 25...well, 24 after I was finished), but many people over at another DVD forum I frequent have been less lucky in finding stock at retailers, so if you're interested, you might wanna move quickly on this one.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Anyone think they can get a copy of the 2-disc for me where they are at? I can't seem to find them anywhere here, and I have been waiting or this set for a long time.

I will pay of course. LMK! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks