What's new

Chuck - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
For some reason I thought it was over right after the train separated and stopped my DVR, so I was confused for a second until I went back and watched the last 5 minutes. :D It was an okay episode, but the background behind the windows of the train was laughably bad. It reminded me of driving scenes in a really old movie it was so bad. And then the scene where the train separated looked horrible as well.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Two more episodes left... Chuck vs Sarah Chuck vs the Goodbye Both air back to back this Friday, and then it's all over.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Joe, I thought it was over then, too. I think it was the NBC promo that popped up saying, "This is the end.". Fortunately, it was still in my Recent Deletes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Yvonne has said that the show will have a shocking sad part of the ending. I really hope it's not that her character forgets the past 5 yrs. It just made the last 5 seasons useless.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think the shocking sad part has already happened, with Sarah forgetting everything. I still firmly expect the show to end with a happy ending.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Y'know for all the tributes to the '80s, the show hasn't done a body swap episode...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I hope Ellie is able to get her memories back, or at least most of them. It will be a real anger-inducer if everyone goes their separate ways and the marriage is completely over. What would be the purpose?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
I think the shocking sad part has already happened, with Sarah forgetting everything. I still firmly expect the show to end with a happy ending.
I hope you are correct. I'm all for drama, but with this show and the fact that it is the end, I want a happy ending.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I am slowly catching up on the episodes, and just finished watching the one that had Tim DeKay and Cheryl Ladd. I was half-expecting Ryker to make some kind of reference to Bryce Larkin.

Also, I wonder if the character Decker was a nod to Coloniel Decker (from the A-Team), as both characters always seem to show up at inopportune times and hell-bent on beating their opponents.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
It was fantastic. To my mind, just about the perfect ending to the series. Everyone's storyline's got (more or less) wrapped up. The episode never lagged, then the final scene
on the beach with the montage and then the kiss...
was a perfect way to finish things off. Everything (especially in "part 2") felt just right.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I feel the opposite.....
I felt it was a sad ending. Yeah, it was a great montage and I liked how everything was closed out. But, the fact she still didn't remember bothered me. Yes, she was getting some hints of it back...and she did kiss him. I was hoping when they kissed that Sarah would have a "Flash" effect and she would remember.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by todd s

I feel the opposite..... I felt it was a sad ending. Yeah, it was a great montage and I liked how everything was closed out. But, the fact she still didn't remember bothered me. Yes, she was getting some hints of it back...and she did kiss him. I was hoping when they kissed that Sarah would have a "Flash" effect and she would remember.

What I liked about the ending is that if that's what you hoped would happen, you can simply pretend it did. I don't think your wish would rob any of the artistic integrity from the show: in fact, I suspect this was the showrunners' exact plan.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was.....
So hoping Chuck's dad (Scott Bakula) would appear at the end. :)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed it. Somewhat bittersweet. Some good moments
loved the scene with Grandma and the gun
the reappearance of several iconic parts was very welcome
(Sarah in her Wienerlicious outfit - gotta love it)
. and hey, at the end, at least the screen didn't just g

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I guess I'll spoilerize just for folk like Adam. Edit: But, the spoiler tag doesn't stop things from showing up in the thread preview, so I'll just type a little more to defeat that.
I think I'm glad that there wasn't some magic fix, like the glasses giving her a "new" version of her memories. The ending was definitely bittersweet. I don't assume the kiss brought her memories back, but they are on the path to falling in love again. It's kind of painful to think that she doesn't remember the stuff that happened for the entire series, but she can still find her love for Chuck again. And, maybe she'll remember everything in time, since little snippets were starting to come back. I am saddened by these "breaking up the band" endings, but Chuck is at least still near Morgan and Alex. I was hoping they would get a wedding scene, but I guess that would have required one more wrapup episode. They're on their own path towards a lasting future together, so that's good. I was also hoping for a return for Stephen, but I guess that's another point in favor of the show's integrity, by not taking away his death just to make a happy ending. Ellie giving the callback to his "aces, Charles" was his presence in the finale, and that was excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks