What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
There's a thick fuzzy line between endearingly incompetent and homicidally incompetent, and Chuck jumped way the heck over when he started to moan about his feelings; jeopardizing the mission and putting Carina's life in danger. It's annoying, and seems like a major step back from the end of last season.

Parading Yvonne and Mini in lingerie is certainly appreciated, but is not enough to make up for it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm sort of tired of Chuck being the gal in the "relationship".

Morgan learned a powerful lesson with the word "no".

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first episode of Chuck when it aired, then didn't watch any more. I vaguely follow this thread. Now that I can record multiple channels (thanks HDHomeRun), I can sample Chuck again. Would it make sense to jump in now, or is it the type of show where I need to go back and rent the DVD's for Seasons 1 & 2 first?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'd recommend watching from the start, so the character background is in place.

I found the beginning of the premiere pretty disorienting, but once it got rolling it was great to have Chuck back. Looking forward to 3.3 tonight.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Shaping into a great season already, and obviously Ellie and Awesome are still getting their fair share. I think what's obviously happening is they are rotating the supporting cast to save costs.

The feel of the season has been really nice too, with none of the sitcom flavor that I thought was wearing very thin.

Next weeks preview spoiler;
After Buster died I thought Awesome had seen his last day, but the preview let us know he'll get at least one more.
Also some great news for Chuck's ratings;

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/holy-chuck-highest-ratings-since-3d-telecast.html

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ken Chan

There's a thick fuzzy line between endearingly incompetent and homicidally incompetent, and Chuck jumped way the heck over when he started to moan about his feelings; jeopardizing the mission and putting Carina's life in danger. It's annoying, and seems like a major step back from the end of last season.
I agree, and that probably bothered me the most about the second hour of last night's premiere. I was happy to see that that didn't recur in tonight's episode.

Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs

Next weeks preview spoiler;
After Buster died I thought Awesome had seen his last day, but the preview let us know he'll get at least one more.

The rare case where I'm very thankful for next week's preview. I don't think I could have made it the seven days on that cliffhanger.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am glad this show is back. I have to say though that the first 15 minutes of the first episode (Sunday) had me worried. The editing was so screwed up, I could not follow what was happening. I hope it didn't scare away potential new viewers. Luckily things finally got better and the second episode was back to being a good Chuck episode. (I haven't watched Mondays episode yet)

I really hope they tone down the romantic stuff. I am worried that the show will turn into a soap opera.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

The rare case where I'm very thankful for next week's preview. I don't think I could have made it the seven days on that cliffhanger.
I'm with you. I've never been more glad to see a preview of next week's episode.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Casey was great this episode. As was Armand Assante - too bad his character had a V.O. signoff scene instead of having him physically present to deliver the cigars.

Great season so far. Loving the more mature and edgier tone.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Yesterday's episode was better than the premiere, as I thought Casey was hilarious. I did not realize the Buy More was not in the episode, until Chuck mentioned Morgan's name by the end of the episode. And I did not really miss that part.

Glad to see Chuck doing well in the ratings.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm now caught up. The end of the season premiere was awesome. I was laughing out loud when the punch froze and turned into a painting. Chuck's contortions in the vault were hilarious. I was also annoyed by Chuck whining about his feelings while on mission, but it isn't out of character. All in all, a great three episodes.

Shocking about Emmett.

About Awesome:

I figured something was up when Sarah whispered Awesome's fate, but in the aftermath of Emmett's death, I thought we might have seen the last of Awesome. That would have been a major shame. I almost wish I hadn't seen the start of the preview because I like wondering, but I'm glad to see Awesome kicking about.
If I lived in Chuck's apartment complex, I would never want to leave. Those Spanish tiles on the stairs are awesome.

Sylvia*ST

Stunt Coordinator
Boy, me too. I am sick of the Buy More nonsense and really dislike Morgan's character and could wait at least 20 years to see the other employees. I thought last night's episode was the best in the series ever--in tone, story, character arcs.

mike caronia

Second Unit
I actually miss the Buy More...Big Mike, Jeffster, Anna AND Morgan, with a heap of angry Casey working there too.

I'm glad the show did good numbers Sunday and Monday, but the new episodes are missing what makes Chuck, Chuck. IMO.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
We got quite a bit of the Buy More. I think there has always been a balance between Buy More-heavy episodes and those in which it doesn't feature as much. I'm sure it'll be seen a lot this year.

I don't think expecting the Buy More to be dropped is any more realistic than saying, "I'm tired of seeing Jerry's apartment." I mean, I understand the argument that Chuck needs to grow from that and they basically maneuvered everyone back into it, but it was the whole selling point and premise of the show. "Chuck is a spy, but he's also a nerd in a dead-end job." Dropping the Buy More and all of its characters would be the death knell. Look how popular Jeffster has become. Also, I'm a Morgan fan and can't see the show without him. Every one of his scenes this week were solid.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I do want to retract my "death knell" comment. That seems a bit much. I think the show could evolve into something very good if it was just a competent Chuck and his team, but I still think the Buy More has its place.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
The production cost cutting is playing to the show's favour. The rotation of the supporting cast makes for tighter story telling since they no longer have to try and shoehorn all the show elements into each episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks