What's new

Chuck season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Too bad that they didn't have that Lo Pan shoot bright light at Chuck, when trying to escape. :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I enjoyed Chuck Versus Sizzling Shrimp
It seems like the show has just about found it's place.

I as well hated the freeze frame action editing.

maybe the season finale will be Chuck Versus Chuck as he goes through some type of computer malfunction in his brain :)

Who's also looking for some type of Tron type of episode?:)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If Chuck were anyone else, he's have been eliminated for insubordination by now. I loved Captain Awesome's "tucker" speech.
This show has really hit its groove. Next week looks really good:When Chuck flashed on his own Student ID, I was shocked; I never for a moment thought there was a reason he was targeted by his roommate. That opens REALLY interesting possibilities.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I'm going to have a nice dream about Sarah in her Princess Leia costume tonight! Ellie in her Eve costume will be in it too.

:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wow. Tonight's episode was just aces. I haven't laughed that much in a long, long time. Non-stop comedy, and I'm not even a big comedy fan. Modern comedy is just not usually very funny. This most definitely was. They've struck the perfect balance between laughs, action and tenderness (both romantic, between Chuck and Sarah, and friendshipwise, between Chuck and Morgan).

I can't even run down all the great laughs I had, but most of the Buy More cast are worth a laugh just by appearing on the screen. Harry Tang. Big Mike. I lost it every time Jeff and Lester were onscreen as American Gothic. "He can even quote almost all of Wrath of Khan!" :laugh:

This may or may not be the best thing on TV right now, but it's what I look forward to the most. Every day should be Chuck Mondays.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I was glad to see Awesome back, and loved the "tucker" speech. But I thought this was the weakest episode so far, though the ending rallied and pulled it all together.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I forgot to mention how much I love the fountain in the courtyard at Chuck's apartment complex. I wonder how much one of those would run me.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

I actually thought Chuck Versus the Sandworm episode was about the best one so far.

The most enjoyable one so far.

I also laughed when we found out that Tang middle name is Tiberious.

Sarah was great in her Slave Princess Leia costume.
American Gothic duo were great.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I also thought it was funny, deliberately torturing Casey with talk about sandwiches.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was the first episode where I really bought into Chuck and Morgan's friendship without Morgan annoying the crap out of me. Several good scenes in this episode that had me LOL.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
When this thread is bumped at the end of the week, it's like a goose is walking over my grave. I expect I'll read that it got the axe. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm out.

The show is too breezy for me, plus to be honest I really don't find it all that funny.

I will miss Sarah in that hot dog outfit, though, she's like Naomi Watt's hotter twin sister.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I finally got around to watching my recording as I was out Monday night. I too found it to be one of the better episodes. "Chuck" is light weight stuff and that is what I want first thing on a Monday night. The cast is just fun to watch and I like the chemistry between Chuck and Sarah. Alas I fear that the impending writer's strike may kill this one.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Oh, I hope not. My wife and I really enjoy this show. I could see someone not liking it because it is so "breezy," but it is one of the reasons we love it. It is nice to have just a fun, entertaining show that doesn't take it self too seriously.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was terrific. It really dug deep into the issues plaguing the characters. Having Chuck flash on himself was an inspired decision. My favorite part of the whole episode though was the look on Sarah's face after she left Chuck's room, discovering proof that her ex-flame was a decent guy after all.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was the best episode yet. It explained most of the background and even why Bryce thought Chuck could handle the intersect data.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks