What's new

Choice British Horror Titles Coming To DVD (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Rasputin never seemed to interest me, but this THE DEVIL RIDES OUT, I'll give a chance to. TCM's running it under THE DEVIL'S BRIDES moniker.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Rasputin is a must see if you are a Christopher Lee fan as its one of his best performances and one of his personnal favorites which why he did the commentary. Getting the role in this film is the only reason he agreed to do the Dracula film: Dracula -Prince of Darkness which was filmed at the same time. He had already refused to do the movie that became "Brides of Dracula". Of course he kept being persuaded to do Dracula in the future. Rasputin since its a Hammer film played up the horror aspects of the history as much as they could so it may be more interesting than you think but again thats if you are at least one of the two: Christopher Lee fan or Hammer fan; if both you should definately see it.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
THE DEVIL RIDES OUT is an essential Hammer and British horror film. It is genuinely creepy. And, Terence Fisher's direction is top notch. Charles Gray is chilling as Mocata.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I recall hearing a story that Lee stopped doing commentaries because he was "burned" by a DVD producer. Apparently he started complaining about somebody or something thought better of it and understood that his negative comments would be edited out. But, of course, they weren't. Can anyone confirm this story and indicate which film it was?

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'm not sure if it's what you're talking about but there was a Troma/Roan release that had an Easter Egg where Lee said some rather negative things about Forry Ackerman. I can't remember the disc it was on though.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Christopher Lee also recorded a commentary for Hammer's HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959) starring himself and Peter Cushing. Lee also unloads his mind in an on-camera interview. His voice has what someone referred to as "the sound of the cello in it." An indispensable DVD from MGM.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I actually had started to post a list of all of the US dvds I have with Lee commentaries...but then it didn't go thru and I gave up. But there were a bunch, plus others I knew he was on I didn't have.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I'd still be interested in seeing that list, Ben.

What do you mean it didn't go through?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks