What's new

CHiPs: What's the hold up? (1 Viewer)

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
I seem to remember this show being extremely popular in its day. I was quite fond of it as a kid, and I also recall it being in syndication quite a bit through the years as well.

The reunion movie they did back in the late '90s did extremely well in the ratings.

So---why haven't we seen CHiPs on DVD?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I'm wondering the same thing. I would love to see this on DVD, I'm holding out hope that once 'Dukes' is completed in december they will sart releasing this one.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Bah Humbug, when was the last time we saw a classic early 80's show released to DVD and I'm not talking about the Magnum, A-Team or Knight Rider releases. Most studios have simply abandoned those old classic shows and concentrated on releasing current shows.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Riptide S1, Hart to Hart S2, Simon & Simon S1 all coming soon. So there is definately still good 80's shows getting released. When i asked WB at the chat a month or so back they said CHiPs was under consideration. So i think we will definately get it at some point.

Of Course we need: Fall Guy, Equalizer, Matt Houston, Spencer: For Hire and Scarecrow and Mrs. King to get releases aswell!!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

I'd be shocked if we didn't see it finally hit DVD when the 2007 remake film starring Wilmer Valderrama as "Ponch" hits the theaters. Yeah, no kidding...it's for real!

RogerH

Supporting Actor
That would be the only good thing about the movie is that we finally get the series on DVD :P

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

AMEN TO THAT!!

As far as I'm concerned, that is the only good thing about these modern day rip-offs on old shows..

Lets go already W.B. Bo & Luke are done, now it's time for Ponch & John!!!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I loved the show back in the day. I've watched it in syndication over the years as well, so I wouldn't mind seeing this make a DVD release sometime in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks