What's new

CHiPs: Season 3, Starting to get concerned... (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Most, but not all, of the "Dukes" audience back in the late 70s/early 80s were kids like I was, and the show was a ratings powerhouse for most of its run. And those kids are now adults with income to spend, and what better way than to relive a beloved favorite as a kid, and share it with a new generation of kids. Also, it did have a very big following in the South and still does. When TNN ran it years ago, it became a ratings juggernaut all over again for a new generation of kids. All reasons why the DVDs sold very well for WB.

I watched ChiPs as a kid too, but not with the ferocious devotion that I had with Dukes. Those motorcycles were OK, but nothing beat the General Lee.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I was lucky enough to be able to ask the WB about CHiPs way back when during one of the HTF chats. I will make sure to do so once again, if I manage to get in to ask a question.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

Yes, please, anyone who gets in to ask a question, please ask about the fate of CHIPS. It would be great to see at least a few more seasons released, if not all 6 seasons.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i attended the WB chat last night and it is my understanding from the questions/answers that WB is not planning anymore seasons of CHiPs rate now. So, i think this is another stall series. I can see maybe this being picked up in a couple of years or when consumer spending pick ups again.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
""I'm still waiting for Season 3 to come out!!!!!!!! Will we get it this year?? This has been a long wait. After the first two sets came out a year apart, I thought maybe we'd see that continue. With the WHV Chat in April I hope to find out what's going on with the stall."

Originally Posted by Bryan^H

I'm sure it will be addressed in the chat. I'm pretty much expecting a "no plans" answer for it.
I should play the lottery. Sometimes I hate being right

anime-fan

Auditioning
Real Name
Carter Miller
I read the post on TV Shows on DVD and it's listed as being "No Plans at This time." This means that no Season 3 is coming anytime soon.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Dan*T

Quite bluntly..that sucks..
I agree. Thank goodness for "alternate" dvds. I sure hope that there is a future release of this great show all seasons from WB.

anime-fan

Auditioning
Real Name
Carter Miller
Thanks, Adam. However, with more retailers eliminating their in-store DVD inventories in favor for Blu-ray, I think studios like Warner Brothers are starting to verge away from DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks