What's new

Chips Season 2 June 3rd (1 Viewer)

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I never made it to episode 4, I skipped to disc 2 to see if it plays. I ended up blowing through 8 episodes yesterday and that disc played. I started disc 3 today and encountered more freezing at the 22 min mark of the second episode on side A, "Rally Round the Bank", so I gave up on the set until my replacement copy arrives, then I will watch the show again. Until then, I've got the Invaders, The Hulk and 21/2 seasond of Doogie to keep me busy.

I really enjoyed the episodes I watched, especially "Down Time" where Randi Oakes makes her first appearance on the show but not as Bonnie. "Supercycle" was also good but my favourite episode, so far, is "Mait Team" where The CHP investigate and re-enact a multi-fatality accident. This was one of the few episodes that I remembered.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have finished both sides of Disc 1. I have to ask has anyone noticed a green tint to the picture about a 1/4 inch in on the screen, that goes from the top left corner right down to the bottom left corner of the picture ? It has been in every episode so far that i have watched on this set.

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
Appreciate people posting about the problems with the S2 disks. Thank goodness I resisted and didn't buy the set. It would have cost me a fortune to get a replacement set (or sets) from the US, since I live in Australia.

Hopefully they'll release S2 in R4 soon and revert to single sided disks for S3 in R1. It is sad that they keep taking such short cuts with our favourite shows. :frowning:

Helen

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I received my replacement copy today and swapped out every disc but disc 2. I also played every episode on fast forward to make sure they all play, which made Ponch's dancing even more funny :D. I know that when I have a problem disc like these, the fast forwarding will stop and freeze too, it was the fastest way to check. I never saw any problems with the colour, the episodes looked great. Now I get to enjoy the episodes.

I love this show but until the DVD releases, it had been a loooong time since I had seen any of these episodes. I'm very glad to have the DVDs but if Warners keep releasing these on double sided discs, I might quit buying them. I was looking forward to having the entire series to watch again but these discs aren't worth the trouble to keep having to return them.

Glenn Curtis

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know whether anyone is interested but there is a soundtrack CD available of the music from Season 2.

It is very good and worth getting.

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
Yeah! Season 2 has just been released in Australia (R4). Picked up my copy yesterday and the good news is that the R4 release is on 6 single sided disks (not double-sided as was the R1 release).

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Almost through watching the first disk. This is one great show. Holds up very well. Not sure if there are any extras - none were listed on the cover. I'll post if there are any extra on the disks.

Helen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks