What's new

CHiPs Season 1 coming to DVD in May!!!! (1 Viewer)

Katherine_K

Second Unit

TNT only airs seasons 8 forward, so DVD is the only means of watching the first seven seasons. And as has been pointed out there, there is often an issue of syndication edits... but when it comes down to it I buy tv on dvd to have the shows i want to watch when I want to watch them not when they happen to be on the air. I am likely not the only one that simply prefers the freedom. My basic point in naming those three shows is that I was aware that they aired multiple times a day, but they are still shows I go out on a tuesday morning of the first day of release to get. There are those who feel the same way about CHiPs.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen any yet. But knowing WB it'll be a great set just look how great the Dukes sets have been :)

Barbara.G

Stunt Coordinator
I have watched the first two discs so far. I see no problem with it; it is crisp and clear, and no problems so far. it looks like it did when it first came out. Haven't watched the extras yet.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Can't wait for next week to pick this up!! I really hope it sells well so that we finally see all six seasons on DVD!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
A Week to go! i hope best buy or circuit city will carry it otherwise its amazon and they probably won't get it to me by street date.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
One of the stores in my area (I won't say which one)had three copies on the shelves,when I was there,earleir today.I was tempted to pick it up,but I want to wait until next week to see the price of The Fall Guy.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The free sunglasses were a nice BB exclusive and was the deciding factor over the lower price had I ordered it through DeepDiscount. Can't wait to watch the set this weekend.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
The eps look great considering they are 30 yrs old. WB did a great job with the Dukes, and CHIPS Season 1 is the same. I'm hoping this will get the entire six season release.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just got my copy and I have to say that it's about time. It's been like forever since I watched these episodes. Let's just hope that Warner Brothers releases these sets more than just one set per year ... or abandon the rest of the series ... I have to admit that I have only watched the first disk and most of these episodes I had never even seen before ... can't wait for the next season set to be announced.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I picked mine up at the WalMart around the corner from the hotel I'm staying at. Too bad they only have Season 1 Volume 1 of The Fall Guy. Guess when I get home I'll have to order it through Amazon.com

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I picked up my copy of Cops and The Fall Guy at Best Buy and I just finished watching the Cops DVD set and I have to say that I'm impressed. I found absolutely nothing wrong with the set that I purchased except for some discolorization on some of the episodes with Ponch's skin tone. Other than that, I love the set ...

Now, if only they would set a release for Season 2. Who's with me on this?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Agreed. Have watched the first two eps of ``CHiPs'' S1 and I like it. Good stuff, kind of funny to travel back in time to see all the late '70s-era clothes and cars. Bring on Season 2!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks